08-06-2013, 06:59 PM #1
- 15 Posts
I was having problems with my Microsoft account and tried to reset my phone. Now I've seen gears spinning for 30 minutes.
I saw this thread for the 920 where this causes the phone to brick: Fix for bricked 920's after reset. Flash Process defined inside!
Has anyone else had this problem?
- 08-06-2013, 07:09 PM #3
If what InsprieMe doesn't work, do the following:
1) plug in your phone
2) do the soft reset (with the power button and volume down)
3) at the Nokia screen press Volume Up, Volume Down, Power, Volume Down (one at a time, quickly)
4) do the same sequence at the AT&T screen (not sure which does it, but no harm in trying here, too)
5) let the gears run for about 10-20 minutes. If it doesn't finish up, do it at least 2 more times.
I had this problem with my Lumia 920 and the above worked. It usually took me 2 tries to get the sequence done right and quickly enough, but many people online seem to get through it just fine on their first try.
08-06-2013, 07:10 PM #4
- 351 Posts
Yes, some Lumia 920's end up on the spinning gears after a hard reset, just as inspire me said do a soft reset, it will go to spinning gears for a few minutes then it will reboot and start posting (basically how it normally boots up). Once its fully booted you will be prompted to restore, whether or not you restore that is up to you - personally I would if you don't want to install all the apps one by one again or go through the purchase history online and reinstall that way.
Edit: or try what bawboh86 said as your experience may be different - soft reset worked for me but it didn't for others just like bawboh86.
- 08-10-2013, 01:20 AM #10
My phone got the blue screen of death yesterday. Tried all the resets and nothing worked. Tried Nokia Care Suite but couldn't get the ROM to download. Probably better that way since I could just exchange it at AT&T store for a new one. This time on initial setup, I did not restore from a backup. I came from a 920 and restored from that backup on the first 1020. I was having some issues with the first1020 - wouldn't wake from lockscreen a couple times forcing me to soft reset, and live tiles not updating. It actually bricked after a soft reset I performed trying to get the live tiles working again. So far the new one has been working fine. Hopefully I just got a bad one, or maybe the restore was the issue.
08-12-2013, 05:16 PM #11
- 6 Posts
Mine bricked twice. Once while adjusting battery settings. The second and last time while removing the Otterbox Defender case. Sadly, I returned the phone. I am a photographer with lots of great cameras. Don't need another good camera in a phone that looks so sexy but offers so little dependability and real world functionality.
- 08-13-2013, 01:10 AM #12
That's too bad about the phone. I'm on my second after having the first brick. So far it has had no issues. I love this phone but if it bricked again, I'd go back to my 920 for awhile, which I've never had problems with.
08-13-2013, 11:37 AM #13
- 250 Posts
I bricked once when I goofed ##3282#.
What saved me was Hard Reset, then VolUp, VolDown, Power one at a time when on the AT&T screen before going into gears - I did this button sequence 2-3 times for good measure, then I had the gears for about 5 minutes and to my vast relief, the setup came up. Phone's been fine ever since..
Also, NOT a fan of Otterbox.
- By Patricia Van Ness in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 19Last Post: 01-03-2014, 05:25 AM
- By Beshoy Hanna in forum Nokia Lumia 925Replies: 6Last Post: 08-07-2013, 10:12 AM
- By Trevor Markgraf in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 5Last Post: 08-06-2013, 09:53 PM
- By UchihaSasuke416 in forum Developers CornerReplies: 1Last Post: 08-06-2013, 07:32 PM
- By yeto in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 10Last Post: 08-06-2013, 04:11 PM