08-06-2013, 12:43 AM #1
- 16 Posts
1020 provides two ratios for photo: 4:3 (38MP) & 16:9 (34MP). This figure shows how it works:
It's hard to decide which one to use (sensor is 3:2). 4:3 maximizes height, while 16:9 maximizes width. So folks which ratio r u using? Appreciate any thoughts/comments. Thanks!
08-06-2013, 01:04 AM #4
- 23 Posts
4:3 Aspect ratio was used in older TV versions now a days most of the screens are using 16:9 ratio. Most of the wide screen LED TV and PC, LAPs monitor are 16:9 ratio when you are watching your photos which are 4:3 ratio on LED TV's a black strip arises on both side to fill the empty space If you are using 16:9 the phto is displayed on the whole screen though 16:9 shows less MP they are visulalized much better on LED screens. It would be better to save a wallpaper on your laptop or destop if you are taking photos in 16:9 ratio. My HDTV has 16.9 ratio, which I assume is better to view full 1920 X 1080 HD. 16:9 is good for videos and photos but for ebooks 4:3 uis better one.
May this reply would help you in choosing the ratio I tried using this thing on my camera.
08-06-2013, 12:01 PM #7
- 1,106 Posts
With 808 PureView you can actually take full 41MP pictures.
Walking on the wild side: upping the Nokia 808 to full 41MP status?
08-06-2013, 12:04 PM #8
- 76 Posts
- 08-06-2013, 12:47 PM #9
I really prefer 16:9 ... maybe just in some certain case, I might use 4:3 and then I swich back to 16:9
"upadhyerohan" explained it pretty well, 5 messages up ... and I think that too, that the wider photos look better :)
- By keithnet in forum Nokia Lumia 1020Replies: 4Last Post: 10-24-2013, 10:13 AM
- By sdreamer in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 21Last Post: 09-02-2013, 09:46 AM
- By Glavata in forum Nokia Lumia 1020Replies: 6Last Post: 08-18-2013, 07:12 PM
- By dfaris in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 1Last Post: 08-05-2013, 08:19 PM
- By myokeeh in forum Nokia Lumia 1020Replies: 1Last Post: 08-05-2013, 07:00 PM