Nokia Lumia 1020 Already Drops $30 on Contract, Now $269 - HotHardware

Steve
    Developer

Global Posts
    1,494 Global Posts
    it was 249$ on some other store, search the forums please

Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    It's been $269 since last week on Amazon. It's common from Amazon/Walmart/etc... to see at a lower price. This isn't the same as an official price drop like the BlackBerry Z10 saw a few weeks ago.
    rdubmu likes this.

Global Posts
    786 Global Posts
    Yeah, Fry's has had it at $249 on contract since launch day.
    rdubmu likes this.

Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Ahhh..I guess I'm a bit late to the party.

Steve
    bawboh86 likes this.

Best Buy is supposed to match Fry's and Amazon prices. So you should be able to get the phone for $249 at BB too.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    786 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Yangstax View Post
    Best Buy is supposed to match Fry's and Amazon prices. So you should be able to get the phone for $249 at BB too.
    Actually, Best Buy is great at matching online prices, too. I've found items at NewEgg for cheap and was able to get them at that price from Best Buy. The catch is that it can't be a sale or an auction situation.

it should dip below 200 in a month or so..

will AT&T store price match?

Global Posts
    2,622 Global Posts
    Well it's 599 GBP unlocked in Great Britain, which translates to $1,030(!) AUD.

If the Lumia 1020 is that price down here, i'll grab a 925 or 920.
    Proud owner of a Nokia Lumia 1520 in Black I have developed one app!

My personal YouTube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/MickLMZR
    Look at my band's channel! http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPghwXNoo65KaARZtxDJm1g
    And Soundcloud Account! https://soundcloud.com/marigoldrock

I also own a Nokia Lumia 520, HTC Mozart 7, iPod Touch 5th gen 32GB, iPod Touch 4th gen 8GB, HP Veer (AT&T) White, Microsoft Surface 2 64GB, Blackberry Playbook 16GB, iPhone 4 32GB and HP Pre3 8GB.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    19,860 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tateo View Post
    will AT&T store price match?
    It's harder to get AT&T to match prices. I've gotten my boy to do it, but not sure what the actual policy is on that.

I don't think they match online prices like Amazon or LetsTalk, but that's just a guess. I know we don't do it at Sprint for even our Sprint.com website.

WPCentral Mod | Retired Android Central Mod | CrackBerry Mod

Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    I've had AT&T price match plenty of times. But I have always done it over the phone. Never tried in a store and they always gave me a credit towards my bill and not actual money back.

Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    This past Saturday I was at the ATT store looking at this phone, I pulled up Microsoft Stores website and showed the gentleman that was helping me the free camera grip deal and he said they didn't know anything about that and didn't offer the same promotion. So good luck getting them to price match, at least in the store. On top of that, they said if I was returen the phone for any reason, there was a $35 restocking fee, unless I swap it for the same phone model.

Steve

If it weren't for the free camera grip and the free $150 to the Microsoft store (that I used for a couple things I've been needing anyway) I'd be ticked. Que sera. :)
    Thanked by:
    Desmoface likes this.

Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    So, if you buy the 1020 from the ms store, you get a $150 store credit along with the camera grip? I'll be heading up there post haste if that's the deal.

Steve
    trandz likes this.

Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Desmoface View Post
    So, if you buy the 1020 from the ms store, you get a $150 store credit along with the camera grip? I'll be heading up there post haste if that's the deal.

Steve
    You can only get the Grip and maybe the $50 Win Phone promotion. $150 was for people who pre-ordered

I will definitely buy a 1020 as soon as the price drops a little. $300 is just too much for me at this point. I love this phone, just wish they had hit the $200 price point out of the gate.

Amazon is selling it for @249

Costco has it for $249 with extra stuff tossed into
    the deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Fish_Farm View Post
    Costco has it for $249 with extra stuff tossed into
    the deal.
    Anybody know what the extra stuff Costco is including? Hard to tell from the website.

Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Ran into the same thing myself. The corp store has refused to match the price drops. I won't buy one. The website like Microsoft and Amazon don't allow me to keep my unlimited data and 200 texts. I dearly want one, held her in hand yesterday, but the $299 is nuts.

Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Hmm...from Bestbuy's website:

Online or In Store: Find a Lower Price and We'll Match It.
    If you find a lower price on a qualifying product at a local retail competitor's store or a designated major online retailer, we will match the price. At the time of purchase, we will match the current pre-tax price for new, identical, immediately available products from a local retail competitor's store and these designated major online retailers: Amazon.com, Apple.com, Bhphotovideo.com, Buy.com, Crutchfield.com, Dell.com, Frys.com, hhgregg.com, HP.com, HomeDepot.com, Lowes.com, Newegg.com, OfficeDepot.com, OfficeMax.com, Sears.com, Staples.com, Target.com, TigerDirect.com and Walmart.com. We will match prices between our stores and BestBuy.com®. We will also match prices post purchase if we lower our price within 15 days of your purchase.

The Guarantee is limited to one price match per identical item, per guest and does not apply to: Contract mobile phone devices and plans, the online prices of retailers not listed, the online prices of third party vendors (Marketplace vendors) on designated major online retailers websites, post purchase price match requests to competitor's prices, Best Buy for Business™, offers that include financing, gift card offers, bundling of items, free items, pricing errors, mail-in offers, coupon offers, competitors' service prices, items that are advertised as limited-quantity, out of stock, open-box, clearance, refurbished/used items, our and our competitor's Deal of the Day, daily deals, special hour sale event items and credit card offers, BestBuy.com Clearance & More and Marketplace items, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving.

I don't see the 1020 on Fry's site, but they do have the 920 for $29.99 with contract. But Amazon has the 1020 for $249.99. That 920 is a screaming deal.

Steve
    Last edited by Desmoface; 08-09-2013 at 11:21 AM.

microsoft store specifically says you can keep your plan (under keep my unlimited data plan with a special note --- keep your current plan)

AT&T requires that you maintain one of these features for as long as you use this smartphone. All smartphone data features include unlimited access to more than 20,000 AT&T Wi-Fi Hot Spots nationwide at no additional charge: Monthly
    Price
    DataPlus - 300MB for 4G LTE View Details $20.00
    DataPro - 3GB of data usage for Internet and email View Details $30.00
    DataPro - 3GB for 4G LTE View Details $30.00
    DataPro w/ Tethering - 5GB for 4G LTE View Details $50.00
    DataPro w/ Tethering - 5GB of data usage for Internet and email plus PC tethering View Details $50.00
    Keep My Unlimited Smartphone Data - Keep your existing smartphone monthly data feature (Monthly price will depend on current feature) View Details $0.00
    The following is the details of what you can keep

Pick from the following AT&T smartphone data features...
    With a Smartphone data feature from AT&T, you can maximize the value of your new smartphone. Browse the Internet, access email, and download entertainment and software directly to your cell phone through one of these data services.
    Feature Price¹ Data Usage Included Overage Rate AT&T Wi-Fi Hot Spot PC Tethering
    DataPlus $15.00 200MB $15.00 per 200MB Unlimited access to 20,000 AT&T Hot Spots nationwide. A Wi-Fi connection (where available) will generally provide faster speeds and will not count against your monthly data plan usage total. N/A
    DataPro $25.00 2GB $10.00 per 1GB N/A
    DataPro w/ Tethering $45.00 2GB $10.00 per 1GB Yes, use your smartphone as a laptop modem.
    DataPro Enterprise $40.00 2GB $10.00 per 1GB N/A
    DataPro Enterprise w/ Tethering $60.00 2GB $10.00 per 1GB Use your smartphone as a laptop modem.
    Keep My Unlimited Smartphone Data TBD Unlimited N/A N/A

I still have an Unlimited plan, but I really wish I could tether.

In my opinion, AT&T's 5GB plans are too expensive for the amount of data you can use. If it was 8GB I might be willing to give up my Unlimited plan. Or if you could roll over data like you do minutes I'd do it. Heck, even if rolled over data had a 10GB cap it would be fine.

I use under 4GB most months. But sometimes, if I'm out of town, I will go over by a decent sized chunk.

As for phone pricing (to get back on the thread's topic), the $300 seems a little high for me considering there's also the $36 upgrade fee.

I currently have a 920, and to get that awesome camera (and I honestly don't take all that many pictures), I'd have to give up my built-in wireless charging.

Fry's and Amazon have it for $249, which isn't quite low enough yet. The Microsoft store throws in the camera grip, but they're still keeping the price at $300. So really, it's like going to Fry's or Amazon and buying it and the camera grip. It ends up being close to the same.

The 2GB or RAM doesn't make that much of a difference to me. I've never noticed my phone getting sluggish. I wish they had 64 GB of on-board storage though.

When the price gets down to $200 on contract I may bite. I expect that we'll see it happen first on Amazon.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast