- 08-03-2013, 12:45 AM #1
I use the myfitnesspal app on a daily basis to track my diet. One of the features I love is the ability to scan the bar code of an item and have the dietary info automatically entered. Well, it doesn't work now that I have the 1020. The camera can't seem to focus on the bar code. Is anyone else running into similar issues?
08-03-2013, 10:31 AM #5
- 283 Posts
There's a minimum distance at which the camera can focus. If you start the QR code scanning process too close, it may or may not have trouble focusing even if you move the phone far enough away. You may need to hit back and then restart the scanning process. I tested with a tape measure and found the minimum focus distance to be around 9-10cm (3.5 - 4").
- 08-03-2013, 11:18 PM #6
I'm having the same issue, it would be fixed if they allowed zooming since we have so many megapixels to do it with..
QR Barcodes work okay, but UPC barcodes definitely do not work. UPC barcodes seem to need to be right on top of the camera or they won't register.
- By MacDaMachine in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 86Last Post: 09-17-2013, 05:40 PM
- By Martsicky in forum Windows Phone AppsReplies: 4Last Post: 08-03-2013, 09:08 AM
- By BIGPADDY in forum XBOX ONEReplies: 2Last Post: 08-03-2013, 09:01 AM
- By Durgesh Kukreti in forum Nokia Lumia 620Replies: 1Last Post: 08-02-2013, 11:41 PM
- By acmysdev in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 1Last Post: 08-02-2013, 09:32 PM