Global Posts
    2,466 Global Posts
    Amazon.com: Nokia PD-95G YELLOW PD-95G Camera Grip and Extra Battery for Lumia 1020 - Retail Packaging - Yellow: Cell Phones & Accessories

But just like the charging shell, still out of stock.

I think I'm going to cancel my charging shell order and just go with the camera grip as my everyday case like a few here have suggested.
    Thanked by:
    B1zzle 

The interesting thing is that Amazon has the 1020 phones themselves in stock for all three colors, $699 off contract. The link doesn't show on a normal search but if you click on the camera grip link you will see all three colors of phone listed underneath. Pretty sure if Amazon has it in stock everyone still waiting will have their phones shipped soon.

Quote Originally Posted by ninjaap View Post
    Amazon.com: Nokia PD-95G YELLOW PD-95G Camera Grip and Extra Battery for Lumia 1020 - Retail Packaging - Yellow: Cell Phones & Accessories

But just like the charging shell, still out of stock.

I think I'm going to cancel my charging shell order and just go with the camera grip as my everyday case like a few here have suggested.
    you don't want to do that. Lol the grip end is to bulky for a daily use its for special occasions only. Not daily use in my opinion

Global Posts
    2,466 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ajftl View Post
    you don't want to do that. Lol the grip end is to bulky for a daily use its for special occasions only. Not daily use in my opinion
    I figure I can just try it out for a while. I was planning on getting both anyways. But if I'm happy with the camera grip, then I just saved my self a few extra dollars.

When I got the camera grip I was surprised how comfortable it felt in my shirt pocket. Sticks out like a cigarette package but not really bulky. The extra weight also makes it less likely to fall out. This was envisioned as an occasional clip on for picture taking but I can see how a lot of people may use it as a regular case. Not only does it provide protection but the extra battery life will reduce those issues dramatically. The grip weighs 72 grams according to Nokia so the combined weight should come to about 230 grams. Reviewers go nuts when they see numbers like that but consumers put heavy cases on their phones all the time. I may not use it as a regular case but I am not ruling it out either. Time will tell.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    2,466 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nola75 View Post
    When I got the camera grip I was surprised how comfortable it felt in my shirt pocket. Sticks out like a cigarette package but not really bulky. The extra weight also makes it less likely to fall out. This was envisioned as an occasional clip on for picture taking but I can see how a lot of people may use it as a regular case. Not only does it provide protection but the extra battery life will reduce those issues dramatically. The grip weighs 72 grams according to Nokia so the combined weight should come to about 230 grams. Reviewers go nuts when they see numbers like that but consumers put heavy cases on their phones all the time. I may not use it as a regular case but I am not ruling it out either. Time will tell.
    Yes the extra battery life is a plus to me. And I saw in another thread, how we can make use of a GPS car mount (using the tripod hole).

Global Posts
    2,466 Global Posts
    I hope the fact that this got a price drop indicates that they will actually get this in stock. Unlike, some the 900 and 920 official accessories from Nokia on Amazon in the past. It showed out of stock, but never really did get stock.

sweeeeeeet, i got my lumia with a year on my contract still so they gave me a semi discount on phone for like 549.00, so dropping more money on grip has made me hold off, but that's not a bad price..what are they 60 or 80 normally?
    My Flickr: CurrentlyStreaming LUMIA 1020 Auto Shots for re-framing. http://www.flickr.com/photos/b1zzle/

Global Posts
    2,466 Global Posts
    Actually, I think the general price has dropped in the past few days. ATT and MS Store has them for $59.

Global Posts
    2,466 Global Posts
    Yes!!! I just got an email update from amazon for my yellow camera grip. Estimated delivery is September 13-25. I realize that's still a few weeks, but at least now they are confident enough to give us dates.