Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 15 12345611 ... LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

When will be the Nokia Lumia 1020 released in India? Such an amazing phone, shame its not released yet. Will it be like Lumia 920, which was launched here after a delay of 3 months.
    Last edited by Rohan Vg; 07-30-2013 at 05:46 AM.
    Developer

Global Posts
    1,495 Global Posts
    I tweeted Nokia India a few days back and they didn't have any date set. The phone is to be released in China soon and I "expect" :D it will be coming to India late august or september.

India is a price sensitive market so 1020 stock will be very limited, just like 920.

It will be launching in india on August 19th

Are you sure about it because nokia retail stores in India arent confirmed about it when i ask about it they say that it is India we cant say anything exactly

Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crash1989 View Post
    I tweeted Nokia India a few days back and they didn't have any date set. The phone is to be released in China soon and I "expect" :D it will be coming to India late august or september.

India is a price sensitive market so 1020 stock will be very limited, just like 920.
    And China isn't?

Quote Originally Posted by Maqsood Pasha View Post
    Are you sure about it because nokia retail stores in India arent confirmed about it when i ask about it they say that it is India we cant say anything exactly
    here is the link
    http://www.nokiapoweruser.com/2013/0...y-19th-august/
    Saholic claims it will be available by 19th of this month either Nokia will actually roll it out or it might be the 925 and saholic made an error.

Quote Originally Posted by Amran Nagal View Post
    here is the link
    Lumia 1020 listed by retailer Saholic in India. Expected availability by 19th August.
    Saholic claims it will be available by 19th of this month either Nokia will actually roll it out or it might be the 925 and saholic made an error.
    thanks for that link but can we belive saholic

Lumia 925 is still not released in India, which was released worldwide way before 1020, I guess Nokia takes its sweet time to get their flagships here in India.
    Developer

Global Posts
    1,495 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lsquare View Post
    And China isn't?
    Yes, it is not as sensitve as India, the stats seem to agree with me. You should check out Lumia 920 and 820 demand check in China. Still outselling competition on major retailers TMall, Suning and Dixintong !! and of course the strong iPhone sales. China is one of the biggest markets for High end smartphones.

http://www.nokiapoweruser.com/2013/0...8-and-saholic/

Anyway, I might not know the whole story but this is the way it looks to me right now.

For Lumia 920 I had to contact 7 Nokia Priority dealers to get one on Gurgaon, Delhi NCR. So you can guess what the market in India expects.

I had to contact four to get my hands on a Lumia 920 in January. Hopefully 1020 comes before September :)

thanks for that link but can we belive saholic
    50-50 but certainly it will come by August end or September

based on how long it took the 920 to release in india, i assume the 1020 will be released on sep or oct
    DO NOT EVER PREORDER in INDIAN ONLINE STORES IF U EXPECT TO HAVE IT ON UR HANDS THE 1st day...
    Just rush to Univercell or sangeetha or Priority

THE 920
    Released : 2012, November 11
    India Release date : 2013 January 11

The 1020
    Released: 2013, July
    India Release date : Approx mid sept

P.S i wont be buying the 1020, as i have the 920 already :(... will wait for the next version of 1020 maybe with 1080p support :|

Hope it comes by end of august this is my first windows mobile and it took me 2 months to decide android,windows or apple :)

Quote Originally Posted by Elton Jothi View Post
    based on how long it took the 920 to release in india, i assume the 1020 will be released on sep or oct
    DO NOT EVER PREORDER in INDIAN ONLINE STORES IF U EXPECT TO HAVE IT ON UR HANDS THE 1st day...
    Just rush to Univercell or sangeetha or Priority

THE 920
    Released : 2012, November 11
    India Release date : 2013 January 11

The 1020
    Released: 2013, July
    India Release date : Approx mid sept

P.S i wont be buying the 1020, as i have the 920 already :(... will wait for the next version of 1020 maybe with 1080p support :|
    what does p.s.i stands for?

I wonder what the price will be since the value of rupee has dropped down.. 1$ = 61.1₹

Anyways, I don't understand nokia's policy of releasing the phone so late.
    Nokia started to build up the hype since May-June will all the "leaked" screenshots and videos of the phone and then announcing it oficially on July 11, 2013. They will probably launch the phone after 2-3 months and in the meantime something new will come along and the interest in Lumia 1020 will slowly die down.

Release the phone already and just SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY nokia!!
    The wait is killing us!!

I contacted Nokia India through email and I got this response
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Rohan,

Thank you for e-mailing Nokia Care. The Service Request No. is #######

This email is in reference to know the launch date of Nokia Lumia 1020. I value the importance of information asked and I am happy to assist you.
    In response to your e-mail, I would like to inform you that at present, I do not have the exact timelines for launch and price of this particular device. However, I can assure you that you will find a communication through appropriate channels.
    For more information about Nokia products kindly visit to the link mentioned below:-
    All Phones - Nokia - India
    Kindly let me know if you require any further information or help.

Thanks & Regards,

Shikha Shrivastava
    Nokia Care Representative
    India
    Developer

Global Posts
    1,495 Global Posts
    the default response :(

I am dying to get this phone. :( I really hope saholic is right.
    Irrespective of the price I am buying this!

Hope saholic is right. Waiting is killing me

Rohan,

This is the standard default reply for any new phone launch query. I feel Nokia will launch 1020 before 925 as they feel it is their latest flagship device.
    But as you rightly said they loose freshness and importance of the device by launching it late in India. I am waiting for 925 and 1020, and will decide after I see the price difference.

Let's hope Nokia makes it on 19th August.

Regards,
    Vyenkatesh

Quote Originally Posted by lsquare View Post
    And China isn't?
    China is world largest smartphone market. In couple of years just doing great in China will be enough.

Mostly no one will be buying 925 because of minor changes to 920 may be thats the reason for the delay of 925 release

Mostly no one will be buying 925 because of minor changes to 920 may be thats the reason for the delay of 925 release
    Mostly no one will be buying the Lumia devices because they wont be released soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Rohan Vg View Post
    Mostly no one will be buying the Lumia devices because they wont be released soon.
    haha :) thats good one

Good news!!

I just got a call from a Nokia Care representative regarding my earlier inquiry about the Lumia 1020 launch in India. This is what he said:

"The device will launch at the end of this month. The price range will vary from ₹36,000 - ₹40,000. The price wont exceed ₹40,000"

Now at least we know when the phone will launch.
    Good job Nokia!!
    Last edited by Rohan Vg; 08-06-2013 at 09:10 PM.
Page 1 of 15 12345611 ... LastLast