View Poll Results: Is the Camera Grip worth the purchase?
- 36. You may not vote on this poll
Maybe if the price comes down
Nope. Gimmicky crap.
- 07-19-2013, 12:00 PM #1
I have been thinking about getting the camera grip, but I'd like to see what you guys think. Is it kind of gimmicky, or worth it?
I am planning to take a lot of pictures, but I'm not sure if turning my Lumia 1020 into an SLR is necessary. I do like the idea of the battery pack, but a little over 1000 maH isn't exactly huge.
- 07-19-2013, 12:44 PM #2
Kind of hard to tell until people get their hands on it in the wild. The extra battery and tripod part is nice. A lot depends on just how many and how serious you are about the pictures.
07-19-2013, 01:21 PM #3
- 1,103 Posts
It's so personal and depends on your use.
The key is that tripod mount and battery happening as a extra imo. For somebody who has a blog, does video reviews camera grip is perfect. My 808 PureView was better than my 450 euros Sony HX50 back in the day on video. Especially that smooth zoom on video is so perfect for video close ups.
07-19-2013, 09:14 PM #6
- 882 Posts
I'm getting mine free as part of preorder through Microsoft Store Online. :)
I probably wouldn't have ordered one on its own, but since it's free I'll take it. I will probably keep it handy for when I go to big events and want the extra stability and battery life and otherwise leave it in my laptop bag for "just in case" scenario.
I typically carry my phone in my pants pocket (black dress pants at work), so shouldn't be a problem without the case and just the camera hump, but with the grip would be ridiculous.
- By jtsmak in forum Nokia Lumia 520Replies: 6Last Post: 09-10-2013, 03:57 AM
- By adamyedlin in forum HTC 8XT/ TiaraReplies: 14Last Post: 07-30-2013, 03:58 PM
- By flair77 in forum Nokia Lumia 1020Replies: 12Last Post: 07-27-2013, 02:09 PM
- By Fred P in forum Nokia Lumia 520Replies: 6Last Post: 07-24-2013, 07:46 AM
- By fopflugel in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 2Last Post: 07-20-2013, 05:54 AM