- 07-18-2013, 12:29 PM #1
Love My Commute! I love how it gives an alert on the live tile. I do have one question though. I was using it this morning and had to check a text. I popped back to it and for some reason, it wouldn't show my commuting route. I was ON the route AND in the time window I had specified. No matter what I did, I couldn't bring up the navigation. When it would click the live tile, it would take me to a screen with a list of commutes "mine was the only one listed" and the only thing I could do was to select it and update the start or end.
Does anyone know why this happened? Thanks!
08-02-2013, 10:37 PM #4
- 2 Posts
I believe I read that My Commute works only on wifi, not on cellular connection, to get the traffic information. So if you exit it while driving, assuming there's no wifi connection, it won't get traffic information when you start it again.
[I know, I know, truly stupid. "Let's make a traffic app THAT DOESN'T WORK WHILE DRIVING! Wouldn't that be brilliant!"]
08-02-2013, 10:50 PM #5
- 74 Posts
Are you leaving using the back button while in the app? If you do that, you can't go back to the commute. If you tap on the text toast notification or the Windows button to look at the text and then use the back button to go back to your commute in progress, you should be fine. I do this on a regular basis and have no problems.Don't make me angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry.
- 08-14-2013, 07:55 PM #6
Good lord bring me Waze soon!
- By Harmdizzle in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 11Last Post: 10-30-2013, 03:54 PM
- By garak0410 in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 10Last Post: 07-19-2013, 03:22 PM
- By ibbyj in forum Windows 8Replies: 5Last Post: 07-19-2013, 01:10 PM
- By Raj Anand in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 3Last Post: 07-19-2013, 12:45 AM
- By Jonathan Piferrer in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 4Last Post: 07-18-2013, 07:13 AM