Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Michael Alan Goff
  • 1 Post By michfan
  • 1 Post By HeyCori

Global Posts
    1,579 Global Posts
    Looks as if the $350 price tag was the ticket. Maybe . . .

Did Walmart just sell out of Microsoft Surface RTs? | ZDNet
    Hopefully the price reduction will help increase market share.

Global Posts
    2,281 Global Posts
    Let's hope indeed that the lower price would attract more users towards the Surface. I think just it's physical design is amazing and brilliant, I honestly feel that an iPad both looks and feels as a toy compared to the Surface that has a much more premium feel to it. I'm personally satisfied with the software part of the Surface RT as well (I dont need the apps cos I have full flash capability and I rarely play mobile games, and that said Halo: SA trumps most iPad games easily, need more games like that! :D) but I understand that it doesn't match everyone's needs, but most people would manage with it far better than they do with the iPad :D

Global Posts
    2,504 Global Posts
    this is bull****. shows in stock online here, and available at all the metro store locations. also, knowing how many Surfaces MS has sitting in a warehouse somewhere I'll never believe and "out of stock" situation for any product ever again.
    The MS Store that I got my 1020 from was low on stock while I was there. I think I saw about 10 people buy an RT (actually pulled out their credit card with the RT in hand) while I was getting my phone and one of the reps told the manager that they were down to three in stock. The lower price is helping (if I was to get another one, I'd wait a couple more weeks for the back to school sales tax holiday hahaha).

Global Posts
    2,504 Global Posts
    low on stock and we can't make them fast enough out of stock are two different things. In the case of the Surface, low stock just means the sales associate hasn't went out back to the semi trailer to bring in another pallet of them.

Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Microsoft must be masochist to build a Surface 2 with an ARM cpu. Surface models with atom CPU and screens of 8'' and 10'' would be a success.

Global Posts
    792 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tiziano27 View Post
    Microsoft must be masochist to build a Surface 2 with an ARM cpu. Surface models with atom CPU and screens of 8'' and 10'' would be a success.
    Some people actually like Surface RT, which means they want an ARM processor based one.

If the Surface RT didn't come with Office, as all RT tablets do, I wouldn't have bought it.
    rmeigs likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by tiziano27 View Post
    I don't need legacy Windows support. I also don't need a desktop OS chewing up gads of memory which is fairly limited on a tablet. So hopefully there will continue to be a less expensive and more efficient variant based upon strictly Win8/RT. Haswell would be preferred over Atom. Will be interesting to see how snappy the new Snapdragon is.
    rmeigs likes this.
    Mod Emeritus

Global Posts
    5,157 Global Posts
    I'm guessing they had low stock. It's still good that they're sold out, it means there's increased interest with the lowered price point. Still, I highly doubt Walmart just had a few million RTs lying around.
    Thanked by:
    Laura Knotek likes this.

Global Posts
    401 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HeyCori View Post
    I'm guessing they had low stock. It's still good that they're sold out, it means there's increased interest with the lowered price point. Still, I highly doubt Walmart just had a few million RTs lying around.
    My thoughts as well. It's new ground at the moment for M$. At what point do they actually start selling like was intended? We can only speculate that a handful were sent around to retailers at the $349 price point to see what would happen. They're chumming the waters. I went to Staples to grab one but they were sold out as well. Until next time. I'm very much looking forward to their next fire sale, especially if they drop it to $299. *Fingers crossed*
    Microsoft does not read these Forums. Please go to the Windows Phone Suggestion Site and make your voice be heard.

Global Posts
    2,504 Global Posts
    wow....sounds like you put a lot of effort into that staples visit. :rolleyes: