Like Tree13Likes

Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    Probably will get the Yoga then.
    Sent from my HTC 8x using Board Express
  2. Bo

Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    That's a good price for the yoga, I picked up one at regular price and only paid 1160 once taxes and the warranty were applied. I took it back because it didn't come with pro installed and wanted to wait to see what else was coming out, but it is a really good machine.
    bawboh86 likes this.
    Depending on the Major, if you are doing something like Business, I would highly suggest the Surface RT, if you are doing another field for example like engineering or something sotware related I would go for the 128Gig Surface Pro. I do not suggest the 64Gig Surface pro. Not worth the money.

To me in my opinion I feel the surface is of better construction quality. But that is of ones preference. Also the surface is more portable. Again another opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by rdubmu View Post
    Depending on the Major, if you are doing something like Business, I would highly suggest the Surface RT, if you are doing another field for example like engineering or something sotware related I would go for the 128Gig Surface Pro. I do not suggest the 64Gig Surface pro. Not worth the money.
    I think they really should have not gone with the 64 but instead the 128 and 256gb while keeping the same price points as now. The 64 just makes no sense.
    rdubmu likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeroplanetz View Post
    I think they really should have not gone with the 64 but instead the 128 and 256gb while keeping the same price points as now. The 64 just makes no sense.
    Or better yet keep the 64 but put it as the 699 without the keyboard. Hmmm nah just ax the 64gb. Best option. It seems most people who buy the pro want the 128 anyways. Think of the clearance sales! I want one now Haha. I'm good with my Rt though.

Quote Originally Posted by NickA View Post
    It's any touchscreen laptop. Excludes tablets...

I picked up the Asus 11.6" for $399.
    I can highly recommend that little 11.6" Asus. My wife bought one a while back and it is a very compact, well built machine for the price.

Global Posts
    2,348 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by simpkijd View Post
    I can highly recommend that little 11.6" Asus. My wife bought one a while back and it is a very compact, well built machine for the price.
    Agree. For $499 it was a good deal. At $399 it's a great deal. I gave mine to my girlfriend when I got the Surface RT a couple months ago, and I missed it so I picked up another for myself yesterday. It will be my work machine when I'm not at my office, and the Surface will be a dedicated for everything non-work related.

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    I'm a student / research assistant and I commute to my university every day. I have to say the surface was the best thing I've ever bought. It saves my back from a heavy backpack. Also the wide screen makes it really ideal for reading PDFs. I used to print everything out, but not any more. I tried using a kindle however it was just too difficult to use as I read academic papers loaded with figures. As a student I live in office, so having it built in is a life saver. A few days ago my teammates forgot to do a presentation (and tell me about it lol) so while other people were doing theirs I did the who thing on my tablet. As soon as my turn was up I just plugged her in with my VGA adapter and viola...it was awesome. My friend told me she regretted buying her ipad. Windows RT might not be for everyone but for me its great.

Just my 2 cents. Buy what makes you happy and works best for you. If that's an iPad then get that. For me its the Surface.

Quote Originally Posted by Adenohedron View Post
    I'm a student / research assistant and I commute to my university every day. I have to say the surface was the best thing I've ever bought. It saves my back from a heavy backpack. Also the wide screen makes it really ideal for reading PDFs. I used to print everything out, but not any more. I tried using a kindle however it was just too difficult to use as I read academic papers loaded with figures. As a student I live in office, so having it built in is a life saver. A few days ago my teammates forgot to do a presentation (and tell me about it lol) so while other people were doing theirs I did the who thing on my tablet. As soon as my turn was up I just plugged her in with my VGA adapter and viola...it was awesome. My friend told me she regretted buying her ipad. Windows RT might not be for everyone but for me its great.

Just my 2 cents. Buy what makes you happy and works best for you. If that's an iPad then get that. For me its the Surface.
    thanks for the input! That's the reply I was looking for!

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    No problem. If you have a chance to play with one I highly recommend it. Keep mind though that it doesn't run legacy windows applications. That's what the pro is for, but battery life and built in office is what sold it to me (also the sexy design). I hope you find the best device for you!

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Adenohedron View Post
    No problem. If you have a chance to play with one I highly recommend it. Keep mind though that it doesn't run legacy windows applications. That's what the pro is for, but battery life and built in office is what sold it to me (also the sexy design). I hope you find the best device for you!

Cheers
    I'm hopefully going to the city next week to try one at Best Buy and possibly buy one!

Global Posts
    273 Global Posts
    Damn, when i was in school all I had was a pencil and paper. No wonder I failed everything. . .
    bawboh86 likes this.

Global Posts
    786 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jlynnm350z View Post
    Damn, when i was in school all I had was a pencil and paper. No wonder I failed everything. . .
    Honestly, I would have been multi-media tasking (Facebook, DeviantArt, forums, etc) instead of paying attention in lecture. I would have failed everything if I DIDN'T have just a pencil and paper.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12