While playing a video on my Surface RT today, I ran across a cool feature that I didn't know about. I opened up the charms bar, hit the devices charm and then saw my Sony Bravia TV listed. I was then able to send the video to my TV. The quality was great and everything was simple. The biggest compliment that I can give is that "it just worked."

I tried to do the same thing with Netflix, but it said "This app can't send to other devices right now." This gives me hope that this will be a feature in the near future.

Anyway, it was a nice surprise to see this feature in the Video app and see how well it worked.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    8,732 Global Posts
    DLNA TV is pretty neat feature.
    Check out the great deals on Windows Phone Accessories: http://store.wpcentral.com

Global Posts
    2,466 Global Posts
    Yes! I love this feature. You can even go to the desktop side, windows explorer, and right click on downloaded video/movie, and there will be an option to "send to" and my Samsung tv shows up. No set up or anything. It just works!

I had been doing this with my Win7 laptop, but I had no idea the Surface RT would support it. Nice surprise!

Can you do this through an Xbox? I know it has dlna since the last update but I only have a phone to test it on and not everything is shareable.