Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By speedtouch

Global Posts
    2,142 Global Posts
    I have been searching around for a refurb Surface RT, but have thus far been unable to find anyone selling them. Does anyone here have info on refurb devices?
    Lumia 620

Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Microsoft is not selling refurbished Surface tablets and, given their tight control over supply, I seriously doubt they will be authorizing any third party resellers to refurbish and sell. I would suggest the closest you will get to a refurbished item would be to go to Best Buy's open box page but those are hardly refurbished.

I purchased my surface RT from John Lewis "refurbished" it was literally brand new just unsealed and taken out the packaging (it did come with the box and touch cover) and it was 419.99 so quite a chunk off.

Global Posts
    2,509 Global Posts
    yeah that would be like BB open box. But they wildly vary on what they will take off. If Surface is selling well in a particular store then they wont take much off.

Global Posts
    2,142 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stephen_az View Post
    Microsoft is not selling refurbished Surface tablets and, given their tight control over supply, I seriously doubt they will be authorizing any third party resellers to refurbish and sell. I would suggest the closest you will get to a refurbished item would be to go to Best Buy's open box page but those are hardly refurbished.
    Darn, I figured that was the case. Thanks for the Open Box idea, I didn't know about that. I haven't been into a Best Buy in years and years.
    Lumia 620
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    2,142 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by inteller View Post
    man up and pay the going rate for them. If you can't afford it then either save up or buy an android toy.
    Wow, thanks. You're a big help. I never would have thought of that. Ever. You know, since I want an Android tablet so much...that I post a thread looking for a refurb Surface RT.
    Lumia 620
    dgr_874 and johnbash612 like this.

Global Posts
    2,142 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bourbs View Post
    I purchased my surface RT from John Lewis "refurbished" it was literally brand new just unsealed and taken out the packaging (it did come with the box and touch cover) and it was 419.99 so quite a chunk off.
    That is a good deal! Too bad we don't have any of those Stores in the US.
    Lumia 620

Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by speedtouch View Post
    I have been searching around for a refurb Surface RT, but have thus far been unable to find anyone selling them. Does anyone here have info on refurb devices?
    I went the ASUS Vivo Tab RT route. Same specs, but also includes GPS (a must for me) and NFC. $469 on Amazon for the 32gig model.

Global Posts
    2,509 Global Posts
    Wow, thanks. You're a big help. I never would have thought of that. Ever. You know, since I want an Android tablet so much...that I post a thread looking for a refurb Surface RT.
    you can't afford a new surface, I suggest something you can afford. Pretty simple concept.

Quote Originally Posted by rmeigs View Post
    I went the ASUS Vivo Tab RT route. Same specs, but also includes GPS (a must for me) and NFC. $469 on Amazon for the 32gig model.
    do you know if the Vivo Tab also comes with the Office suite apps? Or is that just the surface that comes with it already?

Global Posts
    2,142 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by inteller View Post
    you can't afford a new surface, I suggest something you can afford. Pretty simple concept.
    Hey, how about pick some other thread to drop your steamy turds of wisdom into?
    Lumia 620

Global Posts
    2,142 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chill510 View Post
    do you know if the Vivo Tab also comes with the Office suite apps? Or is that just the surface that comes with it already?
    I'm quite certain all Windows RT tablets come with Office, no matter who makes the tablet.
    Lumia 620

Global Posts
    2,509 Global Posts
    Hey, how about pick some other thread to drop your steamy turds of wisdom into?
    lol, oh me, now while others would find that insulting, I just find it funny. Keep saving your dollars!

Thats funny Microsofts website lists refurbished surface tablets for sale. You only save 60 bucks over price of new one.
    Surface RT (Refurbished) - Microsoft Store
    Last edited by CANT SAY; 06-16-2013 at 10:12 PM. Reason: misspelled a word

Global Posts
    2,509 Global Posts
    yeah thanks for bumping a thread....from FEBRUARY.