Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree24Likes

Quote Originally Posted by polbit View Post

I really hope that MS sticks with Win RT and develops it further, and that the next Surface RT addresses most of its known issues. It makes much more sense as a tablet, and has the potential to become the 3rd player.
    While I disagree with the omitted part of your comments - and we should all wait to use the Surface Pro more before judging it's battery life and usefulness, I completely agree with the above. RT is a great base for a tablet. An interesting development is if Intel gets x86 phone chips working, such that MSFT can basically create one system for computers, tablets, and phones.

RT is a good system overall but Enterprise businesses (the target market for Pro - not a person watching a Netflix movie at home) need the capabilities of the enterprise stack of security and legacy application support.

Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Well, I have to admit to my own hypocrisy – after bashing it with reckless abandon, I just bought the Surface Pro… As much as I don’t like certain aspects of it, the ability to run normal Windows apps just won out in the end, and in just two days it has already become part of my daily routine...
    KoukiFC3S likes this.

Global Posts
    2,428 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by polbit View Post
    Well, I have to admit to my own hypocrisy – after bashing it with reckless abandon, I just bought the Surface Pro… As much as I don’t like certain aspects of it, the ability to run normal Windows apps just won out in the end, and in just two days it has already become part of my daily routine...
    Nothing wrong with that; you got what works for you. That's all that really matters.

I am so tired of the name calling and the "my device is better that yours" crap that goes on in forums, blog articles and comments to those articles. I hope it ends soon but it looks like it's just getting started. I've never seen so much passion for a material object, and so much hatred for a company or a person that uses a competing product. This is targeted at you @polbit, just felt like ranting.

Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NickA View Post
    Nothing wrong with that; you got what works for you. That's all that really matters.

I am so tired of the name calling and the "my device is better that yours" crap that goes on in forums, blog articles and comments to those articles. I hope it ends soon but it looks like it's just getting started. I've never seen so much passion for a material object, and so much hatred for a company or a person that uses a competing product. This is targeted at you @polbit, just felt like ranting.
    I understand what you mean, but that has been part of technology as long as I can remember. From Commodore 64 vs. ZX Specturm, Amiga vs Atari ST vs Mac, etc. the fanboyism is what drove brands. Nowdays the difference is that technology is everywhere and used by everybody, so it is that much more important to create loyal fans. It goes without saying that Apple has been the most successful as of late, but we all win in the end because of it - have you ever imagined Microsoft being the innovator? :)

Global Posts
    1,283 Global Posts
    The Surface RT is a good device by spring 2010 standards. By fall 2012, it's half-baked. I hope the Surface RT 2 will bring it closer to the latest iPad in terms of specs and apps.

Global Posts
    956 Global Posts
    There's bit many things that will make me like my Surface RT more than I already do, its exactly what I wanted. A lightweight tablet with live tiles, office, social integration, mail, and some games. Attachable keyboard and kick stand was also in my thought. You get what you pay for if you research. All I want now is more apps!!!!
    - Gamertag -
    the teams Flag

www.FLAGZ.net
    @FlagzTV

Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by smoledman View Post
    The Surface RT is a good device by spring 2010 standards. By fall 2012, it's half-baked. I hope the Surface RT 2 will bring it closer to the latest iPad in terms of specs and apps.
    To spec it like the iPad, they'd have to remove Office, the USB port, the SD card slot, the HDMI port, the keyboard, 1 GB of RAM, 32 GB of memory, 2 processor cores (3 actually, but Microsoft doesn't utilize the 5th), and the kickstand. Oh yeah, and increase the resolution. I'll grant you the screen should be 1920x1080 and there is more to overall performance than specs alone. But nothing on the RT is "spring 2010" as you claim.
    Thanked by:
    wpward291, bawboh86 and rmeigs like this.

Quote Originally Posted by smoledman View Post
    im curious, jn what way does the surface need to catch up to the ipad except the screen. hardware wise as you said above. I would argue the ipad needs to catch up to the surface. granted the screen on the ipad is better.
    Thanked by:
    bawboh86 likes this.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123