When I booted my Surface this morning, I clicked on my email app, and it hung on the loading screen. Realizing that that is rather odd, I checked weather, CNN, Appy Geek, and all the other apps. Every single one (except AllRecipes and IE) got hung on that screen. What's the deal?

I'm assuming you tried another reboot and it works again? Or is totally messed still? Must just be a weird glitch in the os that happens once in a while.

I rebooted and it started working again, but CNN and my Clock Tile still don't have their Live Tiles working when they were before.

Global Posts
    2,408 Global Posts
    A lot of apps live tiles don't start back up until you re-open the app.

I have found that happens when battery is low, around and below 10% and things start to hang or not open.

That might've been it then. I turned it on when I plugged it into the charger. I opened the app, and it still did not update. Therefore, I would guess it's more of a software issue in relation to battery percentage. Thanks!

Yeah I have issues like this once in a while too, thank goodness it takes about what, 20 seconds to reset the surface? I didn't have as many software issues with my original ipad, in fact I don't ever remember having to restart that thing, but the Surface RT is worth a restart every now and then for its boosted functionality.

Global Posts
    236 Global Posts
    Low disk space will cause this also. After a week with mine I was low on space and apps wouldn't open.

Quote Originally Posted by downhillrider View Post
    Low disk space will cause this also. After a week with mine I was low on space and apps wouldn't open.
    How much space did you have on your Surface when it started doing that?

Global Posts
    2,667 Global Posts
    I used to get that bug a lot. Haven't had it happen in over a month though, I had thought maybe the updates fixed it. Are you updated fully?
    Try out my first Windows 8 app, ModernCalc! It's free and I would love to hear your feedback!

Phones: Nokia Lumia 928, HTC Windows Phone 8x, HTC Trophy
    PMP: Zune HD 32, Zune 80, Zune 4, Zune 30, Ipod Nano 2nd gen (x4), Ipod touch 16gb 2nd gen
    Tablet: Surface for Windows RT

Yes.

Global Posts
    2,667 Global Posts
    In all honesty, it might just be a software thing. I've been careful making sure I close my apps rather than leaving them running in the background, having a lot running could be your cause? Other than that, id say just restore your firmware on your surface. Trust me, its not as bad as you'd think, Microsoft makes it real easy to get all your stuff back, just have documents backed up on a flash drive just in case!

Edit: Now that I think about it, the surface I got that problem on was my old surface... im using a new one now. Could still be software tho, try a restore
    Try out my first Windows 8 app, ModernCalc! It's free and I would love to hear your feedback!

Phones: Nokia Lumia 928, HTC Windows Phone 8x, HTC Trophy
    PMP: Zune HD 32, Zune 80, Zune 4, Zune 30, Ipod Nano 2nd gen (x4), Ipod touch 16gb 2nd gen
    Tablet: Surface for Windows RT
    Thanked by: