Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By shn'g
  • 1 Post By Dead5pur

Global Posts
    482 Global Posts
    Thought we could use a thread about this. I have been looking for awhile for cases. Now I do have touch cover and like it but need a case for when I don't need the touch cover and want to protect the front and back of the Surface. There has been some new cases popping up here and there so let's share which ones you have got and if you like them.

Even though I told myself I wasn't going to buy another item again from ebay, this case looks good so I gave in and when I receive it (which will probably be in a month as it is in china) I will let you guys know how I like it.

Case Cover for Microsoft Surface

That does look pretty nice. I haven't looked much but I'd like a silicone type case that goes on the back that still allows me to use the kickstand.

Global Posts
    482 Global Posts
    So my case came in today. I was expecting quite a bit to be honest as it cost $30 which in my opinion is a lot of money for a case. I have to say though I couldn't be more happy with the quality, look and feel of this case. It works very nicely and doesn't add hardly any bulk to Surface. The material feels almost like a synthetic soft rubber but it is very nice. The only thing that is kind of missing is the front flap doesn't have anything to hold it in place, a magnetic holder would be amazing, even though I am pretty sure there are no magnets where there needs to be some to hold it in place, but this still doesn't bother me that much as if I really wanted to I can use the back holder and wrap it around the front to hold it in place. Either way no regrets buying it and I would recommend it to anyone.

Now I just have to wait for my Bodyguardz screen protector to come in and I'm all set and hopefully don't have to buy any other accessories for awhile.

closed1.jpgclosed2.jpgopen.jpgopen2.jpgstand.jpg
    ninjaap likes this.
    I just got this netbook sleeve for my surface off of amazon for ONLY $0.01!!!

Amazon.com: CaseCrown Neoprene Sleeve Case (Black/Red) for Acer 10 Inch Netbook: Computers & Accessories

for $0.01 it is incredible! Great build quality and is mostly snug with surface rt and touch cover in it! Even has a pocket on the front for your cable!
    Phones: Nokia Lumia Icon, Nokia Lumia 928, HTC Windows Phone 8x, HTC Trophy
    PMP: Zune HD 32, Zune 80, Zune 4, Zune 30
    Tablet: Surface 2, Surface for Windows RT

How well does the case work with the touch/type covers?
    Check out my youtube video reviews of games and apps for Windows RT @ WindowsRTReview
    Check out my Blog Windows RT Review

Global Posts
    482 Global Posts
    Nice berty I like the sleeve! I bought a very plain one awhile ago just temporarily and they work great for taking it with you.

Quote Originally Posted by vdek View Post
    How well does the case work with the touch/type covers?
    I don't have the type cover but I tried the touch and it actually worked pretty well while it was propped up. Now you can't keep both covers on, it doesn't work. But if you were wanting to keep the cover on at all times and just click the others in for typing it will work.

I just bought one of these, should arrive tomorrow. 10.90, seems pretty good.

Microsoft Surface RT Case Sleeve by MetricUSA in Black: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics
    ninjaap likes this.

Global Posts
    2,466 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfacable View Post
    So my case came in today. I was expecting quite a bit to be honest as it cost $30 which in my opinion is a lot of money for a case. I have to say though I couldn't be more happy with the quality, look and feel of this case. It works very nicely and doesn't add hardly any bulk to Surface. The material feels almost like a synthetic soft rubber but it is very nice. The only thing that is kind of missing is the front flap doesn't have anything to hold it in place, a magnetic holder would be amazing, even though I am pretty sure there are no magnets where there needs to be some to hold it in place, but this still doesn't bother me that much as if I really wanted to I can use the back holder and wrap it around the front to hold it in place. Either way no regrets buying it and I would recommend it to anyone.

Now I just have to wait for my Bodyguardz screen protector to come in and I'm all set and hopefully don't have to buy any other accessories for awhile.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	closed1.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	226.2 KB 
ID:	28710Click image for larger version. 

Name:	closed2.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	255.2 KB 
ID:	28711Click image for larger version. 

Name:	open.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	168.9 KB 
ID:	28712Click image for larger version. 

Name:	open2.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	193.6 KB 
ID:	28713Click image for larger version. 

Name:	stand.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	229.0 KB 
ID:	28714
    These are good lookin!

What's the best cover to protect it from damage? My grandfather is going to buy one (he's 91!). We/He wants to spend a little bit before the nursing home takes it all away. I think a surface would be pretty easy for him to use. (any recommendations on that would be welcome too, maybe win8 device wouldn't be best?). We figure something that we might be able to Skype him with (when somebody is on vacation, since he won't be far away), we can share pictures with him and hopefully surf the net a little bit. Hopefully he can get some use out of it.

But anyways.... I want to get a case that protects the tablet if he would happen to drop it...

Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    I bought the Elsse case reviewed on this site a few days ago. It's actually a great case. If I remember the reviewer correctly he said the case wouldn't fit the touch cover but it actually fits the touch cover quite well. Very sexy case if you like complete protection.

I have the Nixon Surface sleeve. I paid a pretty penny last March for it at the Microsoft Store when I bought my Surface ($49.99, I believe), but it is a great sleeve with a pockets for charger, wallet, phone, whatever else you'd like to stuff in there.

I use it with my type cover and it fits snug.

Global Posts
    1,469 Global Posts
    So I picked this one up off of Amazon for $15:

719gtwsfiyl._sl1500_.jpg
    (Amazon.com: amCase Protective Neoprene Cushion Sleeve Case for Microsoft Surface Tablet RT and Pro: Computers & Accessories)

It's great. It's cushy and padded but not heavy. I don't particularly want an integrated case, just something which protects the Surface while I'm toting it around. This fit the bill perfectly.