Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree15Likes

It's not good and it's not bad, but you can classify this as unofficial numbers.

Global Posts
    659 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfacable View Post
    For me office was one of the biggest selling features. Have you tried apples so called office tools? They are garbage and when someone sends you even a written document what is it usually in? Office! I don't get why you want us to put down the fanflag. It's just what we like and are used to just like all the apple fanboys love to show off the amount and quality of their apps. Does iPad have office? No.. Then it is a compelling feature
    No, I haven't used "iworks" or whatever its called. Written documents usually come in a pdf, or ppt, or doc/odf (I think those are the extensions). What its best to open with is ..... whatever is on the machine. Maybe its an android tablet, or an ipad, or a surface (alphabetical). People open it, edit/view it, and move on. I've never once seen someone laughing, or excitedly gathering friends around a doc on any one suite, because "its awesomely superior to x application on abc platform!".

Office, office365, gdocs, open office, neooffice, whatever. It opens files, and allows people to edit them. If you ( or millions like you ) like it, that's great. Nooooothing wrong with it.

The poster above me got it.
    awwwww how sweeeeeet. thanks !

Global Posts
    480 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ohgood View Post
    No, I haven't used "iworks" or whatever its called. Written documents usually come in a pdf, or ppt, or doc/odf (I think those are the extensions). What its best to open with is ..... whatever is on the machine. Maybe its an android tablet, or an ipad, or a surface (alphabetical). People open it, edit/view it, and move on. I've never once seen someone laughing, or excitedly gathering friends around a doc on any one suite, because "its awesomely superior to x application on abc platform!".

Office, office365, gdocs, open office, neooffice, whatever. It opens files, and allows people to edit them. If you ( or millions like you ) like it, that's great. Nooooothing wrong with it.

The poster above me got it.
    Haha no I get it.

Global Posts
    659 Global Posts
    Haha no I get it.
    Awesome ! :)

Global Posts
    1,010 Global Posts
    " Microsoft has only sold one million Surface RT devices since the tablet was released last October, according to UBS analyst Brent Thill. "

So, its not real numbers.
    Good God, what is with your unhealthy obsession with numbers? Why don't you petition Microsoft for it's sales hard data, then go into the box stores and demand to see theirs, then go to all the carriers and do the same? It will provide you with a nice hobby, feed your ocd and most importantly, keep you off this site for a while.
    My next phone...

Global Posts
    659 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crystal_planet View Post
    Good God, what is with your unhealthy obsession with numbers? Why don't you petition Microsoft for it's sales hard data, then go into the box stores and demand to see theirs, then go to all the carriers and do the same? It will provide you with a nice hobby, feed your ocd and most importantly, keep you off this site for a while.
    there are relevant and topical discussions happening. :)
    Just wait until 24 January 2013 at 2:30 PM PST. Microsoft will hold its earnings call. Microsoft Investor Relations - Upcoming Events
    Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    7,164 Global Posts

With informative contributions like this one I will bet this thread won't be one of them.

Global Posts
    659 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lak611 View Post
    Just wait until 24 January 2013 at 2:30 PM PST. Microsoft will hold its earnings call. Microsoft Investor Relations - Upcoming Events
    Its gonna be awesome !

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blake View Post
    With informative contributions like this one I will bet this thread won't be one of them.
    Great job at moderating ! A shining example for others !
    Last edited by Dave Blake; 01-18-2013 at 07:55 PM.

Global Posts
    7,164 Global Posts
    Great job at moderating ! A shining example for others !

You do it to everyone else why can't I do it to you...?

Global Posts
    1,540 Global Posts
    Boys, knock it off or I'll put you both in time out.

Global Posts
    7,164 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fatclue_98 View Post
    Boys, knock it off or I'll put you both in time out.
    ROFLMAO

I can't ohgood put me in charge of fact checking, fud displacing, and rumor squashing according to ohgood it is allllllll on my shoulders...lol
    HeyCori and Laura Knotek like this.
    Its gonna be awesome !

That's when you'll get those awesome details of the numbers you so desperately want.
    eric12341 likes this.

Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    Personally, I could not give a monkeys how many have sold, fact is, I have one, it does what I want it to do when I want it to do it, it will suit my needs for the next 2 or 3 years, at which point I will sell it and get something else. Tech journalists have a general downer on Microsoft so I tend to ignore them anyway and pick what I feel will meet my needs most, right now that is Windows RT for my mobile needs, windows 8 for my desktop and windows phone for my smart phone. I like the end to end integration I get with that. I have tried Ipads, Motorola Xoom, nexus 7, android phones, but for me MS products do the business, that may change in the future but right now that is where I am at!
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    2,340 Global Posts

Because you should know better.

Global Posts
    7,164 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NickA View Post

You judge me unfairly there is more at steak here than you know. PM me with questions if you like.

Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    The only reason I have a nexus 7 instead of a surface is price. I could afford $250, not $500+. And if I could right now I don't see a whole lot of a reason to get a surface over a iPad other than office and Xbox integration.

MS has a lot of work to do on surface and windows phone. Like making it easier for live enabled games to be released. When huge games like Where's my water and Perry aren't live enabled that is an issue imo.
    Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

Global Posts
    1,540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NickA View Post
    Jesus teaches us to turn the other cheek. Dave ain't Jesus and Jesus never met some of the A-holes 'round these parts. Even He would want to pimp slap some of them.

Global Posts
    561 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stoneysilence View Post
    The only reason I have a nexus 7 instead of a surface is price. I could afford $250, not $500+. And if I could right now I don't see a whole lot of a reason to get a surface over a iPad other than office and Xbox integration.

MS has a lot of work to do on surface and windows phone. Like making it easier for live enabled games to be released. When huge games like Where's my water and Perry aren't live enabled that is an issue imo.
    Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express
    You are right. MS has a lot of work to do with almost every part of their ecosystem. Most of it only has 3 months of implementation. But you're missing the big picture MS is going for. It is not a short term goal. They will be in every part of your computing world. Social, personal, music, gaming, communication, work, and everything else you could use a computing device for. I like that my Vaio interface is exactly like my RT interface. And with MS account, any other W8 computer I log onto will have exactly the same setup I have setup. RT is still trying to find its place in the world and MS isn't helping it honestly. It is a tablet OS with a few more bells and whistles. But, IPad to OSX and Nexus to Chromebook don't even compare. All my settings are synced from W8 to RT with same interface. The people knocking RT have never used one. And if you have you did not take advantage of anything MS already has in place. Does it have some room for improvement? Most definitely. Not denying that. But when it is in place and working, people will ask themselves how they got things done without it.

Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by conanheath View Post
    You are right. MS has a lot of work to do with almost every part of their ecosystem. Most of it only has 3 months of implementation. But you're missing the big picture MS is going for. It is not a short term goal. They will be in every part of your computing world. Social, personal, music, gaming, communication, work, and everything else you could use a computing device for. I like that my Vaio interface is exactly like my RT interface. And with MS account, any other W8 computer I log onto will have exactly the same setup I have setup. RT is still trying to find its place in the world and MS isn't helping it honestly. It is a tablet OS with a few more bells and whistles. But, IPad to OSX and Nexus to Chromebook don't even compare. All my settings are synced from W8 to RT with same interface. The people knocking RT have never used one. And if you have you did not take advantage of anything MS already has in place. Does it have some room for improvement? Most definitely. Not denying that. But when it is in place and working, people will ask themselves how they got things done without it.
    I understand what MS is trying to do, they just aren't doing it very well and are sending out mixed signals as of late. For example Windows Phone not getting any new live enabled games for 6 weeks now? Putting live on ios via wordament.

Believe me, I am pretty heavily invested in the MS network other than surface which imo is too expensive. I have a win 8 laptop, Windows Phone, 360, outlook email, use Bing rewards, etc...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Global Posts
    561 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stoneysilence View Post
    I understand what MS is trying to do, they just aren't doing it very well and are sending out mixed signals as of late. For example Windows Phone not getting any new live enabled games for 6 weeks now? Putting live on ios via wordament.

Believe me, I am pretty heavily invested in the MS network other than surface which imo is too expensive. I have a win 8 laptop, Windows Phone, 360, outlook email, use Bing rewards, etc...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    I will agree with you again. MS is doing a **** poor job of getting it rolled out, setup and advertised. If it wasn't for following some forums, I wouldn't know what is going on or how it works. I still don't really know how it all works but you have to start somewhere.

Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    I am very interested in the Surface but I probably won't be an early adopter until their ecosystem/apps/firmware/software updates bring things up to par. Price point is a huge issue for me as well. Although the tablet is finely constructed of very good materials I just don't see spending $500 plus when I can spend half as much and get more out of say a Nexus 7. I'm waiting for a first generation price drop to make it worthwhile.

Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    For me office was one of the biggest selling features. Have you tried apples so called office tools? They are garbage and when someone sends you even a written document what is it usually in? Office! I don't get why you want us to put down the fanflag. It's just what we like and are used to just like all the apple fanboys love to show off the amount and quality of their apps. Does iPad have office? No.. Then it is a compelling feature
    I am very happy to have an actual copy of Office on my WP and will be when I pick up a Surface, but having used both Apple's offerings and Office I can't say that Apple's Pages, Numbers and Keynote are garbage. They are very good apps that can create Office compatible files. They just aren't Office apps.
    I think that's pretty good since it has only been available through them until recently.
    Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Board Express
    [IMG][/IMG]

Global Posts
    356 Global Posts
    It's not good. RT needs more cooking. The surface pro is the real deal.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12