Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Cut the Rope was updated to Xbox Live status on the Surface, but when I try to login to Live I keep getting "cannot sign in.". Anyone else having this issue?

Global Posts
    2,147 Global Posts
    Yea. I having this issue as well man. :-(
    - Xbox Account: SocialDanny123 Twitter: @SuDanny123

Lived in LA USA now moved to Auckland New Zealand :-)

Other devices:
    Nexus 5
    IPhone 5C
    Blackberry Z10

[IMG][/IMG]

Same here! I thought it was only happening to me

Btw, this game was previously a non-Xbox LIVE and was selling for $4.99, right?
    Last edited by astroXP; 01-15-2013 at 06:39 PM.

Global Posts
    7,945 Global Posts
    A lot of Xbox Live games have this issue when they first come out. They're not able to connect until a week or so after you can download the game. The same thing happened most recently with (the x86/x64 only) Pac Man Championship Edition.

Edit: I take it back, Pac man just came out for ARM / Windows RT this evening.
    Last edited by jhoff80; 01-15-2013 at 08:37 PM.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by astroXP View Post
    Same here! I thought it was only happening to me

Btw, this game was previously a non-Xbox LIVE and was selling for $4.99, right?
    it was previously non-Xbox live, yes. Can't recall the price, however

Cut the rope was originally free

Was waiting for this to go Xbox Live. Awesome :).

This is my knife. There are many others like it, but this one is mine.

It's the same story on Windows 8 Pro. Sent in a email to support@zeptolab.com last evening, about 24 hours ago, but haven't received a reply yet.

Global Posts
    7,945 Global Posts
    It's not anything that they have to update, it'll just fix itself on the server side in the near future, if the past is any guide.

Quote Originally Posted by martinmc78 View Post
    Cut the rope was originally free
    No it was not free, the first like ten levels were free then you had to pay $4.99 to continue playing.

Global Posts
    2,481 Global Posts
    $4.99....LOL yeah right. That game should be free.

Quote Originally Posted by inteller View Post
    $4.99....LOL yeah right. That game should be free.
    Why? Did it just appear out of thin air? No one spent time building the game?

Still doesn't connect. How freakin annoying

Yeah not to happy about this.

Hi all :: Can anyone who has had this problem confirm that it comes good after a few days rather than the anecdotal "It happened with other titles"?

This is a common thing with new Xbox Live Games. After a few days it will work. The longest I had the problem with was Pac-Man. Ended up emailing the company and they resolved it basically the next day. Great customer service!

This is my knife. There are many others like it, but this one is mine.

Well, it's been at least 5 days now, so we're beyond just a few days.

BS, the app is just plain broken. Its not going to magically start working

Global Posts
    7,945 Global Posts
    You'll see in a few days that you're wrong. PacMan took about a week before it was fixed server-side. Fruit Ninja took more like 3 days. It's happened with every single Xbox Live release at their initial launch. The reason you don't notice it usually is because you don't actually see games in the Store immediately; they only show in new releases a few days after launch, despite being present (and searchable) in the Store. Because you already had Cut the Rope installed, you got the update to the Live version as soon as it was approved in the Store, in this case.

You don't have to believe me, but it's been the same way for every other Xbox Live game.

Edit: And... I was incorrect in this case- see below.
    Last edited by jhoff80; 01-22-2013 at 11:47 AM.
    I Spiritus I likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by BinaryRuse View Post
    No it was not free, the first like ten levels were free then you had to pay $4.99 to continue playing.
    When i downloaded it on my Surface i didnt have to pay and im past the magic box which is a lot more than 10 levels.

Maybe becasue I had already purchased the game on my phone it was free on my Surface??

Quote Originally Posted by martinmc78 View Post
    When i downloaded it on my Surface i didnt have to pay and im past the magic box which is a lot more than 10 levels.

Maybe becasue I had already purchased the game on my phone it was free on my Surface??
    Yeah my guess would be that you got it for free on the surface for buying it on the phone. I bought it on my phone and I didn't get it for free on windows 8..

Global Posts
    7,945 Global Posts
    It has nothing to do with buying it on your phone. Microsoft has no method in place for that.

It's because you downloaded it when it was free. So basically, the original payment structure was getting it free, and then paying $5 as an in-app purchase to get the rest of the levels.

It appears with the switch to Xbox Live that they switched that payment structure to be $5 up front. So, if you already had downloaded it for free, you automatically get access to the full version because there's no differentiation between downloading a free app, and buying a paid app. It's kind of like when you download a free app that you 'buy it' for $0. So since it's already on your purchase history, you get free access to download it at a later date. Basically you just got lucky in this one specific case.

Global Posts
    7,945 Global Posts
    Soooo.. as it turns out, in this specific case, I was wrong. Cut the Rope just had another update put out and it now signs in to Live properly.
    Thanked by:

Still no love on my end >:|

Global Posts
    7,945 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bXo69 View Post
    Still no love on my end >:|
    Manually check for updates; open the store, swipe from the right, select settings, and then app updates, and check for updates. That generally gives you updates a few hours before you get the notification on your tile.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast