Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

hi, I have signed up to a website to stream content which plays on my w8 desktop, but not on my rt or 8x. is there a way around this?

Global Posts
    1,054 Global Posts
    Does the site require any ActiveX?

What format is the streaming content in? Surface Has Windows RT which has limited codec support (.mp4 only). There will be more options for surface soon. PowerDVD is making an app that should be available soon with more codec support. There are a few apps in the app store that support more codecs now..check the store. It will depend on what type of file you are currently trying to stream.. If its .mpeg2 .mkv etc you will need a app to decode it.
    Sent from my Lumia 920 using Board Express.

If its a website that has flash video and you can't view it you will have to wait till MS white lists the website for flash to work. Or you can use the white list tool posted here on WPC to add the site to the white list manually for it to work.
    Sent from my Lumia 920 using Board Express.

not sure exactly what the content is, could be flash ( it is live football). tried the white list tool but coudnt get it to work

Quote Originally Posted by sportex View Post
    not sure exactly what the content is, could be flash ( it is live football). tried the white list tool but coudnt get it to work
    Don't worry about the tool. The whitelist is just a text file (.xml) that you can edit with Notepad and save.

1. Open “C:\Users\[USER_NAME]\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\IECompatData\iecompatdata.xml” in your favorite XML editor (notepad works fine).
    2. Scroll through the document until you find the <Flash> </Flash> tags
    3. Place “<domain>YOURDESIREDDOMAIN.COM</domain>” anywhere between the Flash tags (e.g. simply match the formatting of the other websites)
    4. Save and delete your browsing history
    5. Enjoy

Pocketables – How to customize IE10′s Flash whitelist on Windows 8 and Windows RT

Try the app mobile.HD. It plays a bunch of additional formats locally or streaming from your local network. I'm using it to stream/view my huge MKV-based movie collection without a hitch on a Surface device. Check it out and see if it does what you need.

Quote Originally Posted by msdugn View Post
    Try the app mobile.HD. It plays a bunch of additional formats locally or streaming from your local network. I'm using it to stream/view my huge MKV-based movie collection without a hitch on a Surface device. Check it out and see if it does what you need.
    I have the mobile. HD app installed, so how do I access the live stream from the website using mobile. HD?

Used the tool to edit the whitelist. Works great. Thanks for the help !!!