- 01-14-2013, 07:29 AM #1
Is the RT Store down? I can't seem to download apps from last nite. I've tried 2 different times and 2 different apps. I even rebooted the Surface. I get an error that says "Your Purchase couldn't be completed Something happened and your purchase can't be complete" I get 2 buttons "try again" or "cancel". Try again comes back with same error after about 30sec to 1 mins.
Anyone else having this issue?
- 01-30-2013, 10:08 PM #7
I haven't had this issue for 2 wks now. I'm considering disabling Windows update for sometime. I hate how they just decide to automatically install updates without any user controls. Each time I go to reboot, the surface is like configuring and installing updates.
01-31-2013, 12:32 AM #8
- 122 Posts
Please don't disable Windows Update.
This may correct the issue: Reboot. Once restarted, via the Desktop Windows Update applet (Desktop | Control Panel | Windows Update), select all Windows Updates (except any you specifically don't want), install all selected updates (don't RT go into standby which will turn off the display). Once all updates are installed, reboot. Let me know if that helps.
Forcing all available Windows Updates to install - without letting the RT device go into standby until updates were 100% complete - solved this for me.
- By Michael Weisberg in forum General Microsoft News and DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 11-21-2012, 03:26 AM
- By slinky826 in forum Windows Phone AppsReplies: 7Last Post: 09-14-2012, 10:12 AM
- By gibbyhome in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 26Last Post: 12-28-2011, 11:24 AM
- By marryellen12 in forum Windows Phone AppsReplies: 6Last Post: 10-29-2011, 09:50 AM
- By mart280 in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 10Last Post: 10-06-2011, 08:13 PM