Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Global Posts
    1,280 Global Posts
    My dad let me borrow his Surface, he pre-created my account but I can't log in because I'm on a different wireless network. How do I gain connectivity from the login screen?
    Developer

Quote Originally Posted by smoledman View Post
    My dad let me borrow his Surface, he pre-created my account but I can't log in because I'm on a different wireless network. How do I gain connectivity from the login screen?
    hmm, can you ask your dad to create a local account for you instead?

Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    I don't think that not being able to log in has anything to do with being on a different network. I agree that creating a local account is the way to go. But even then you'll need a MS account to access the store the very first time. I know because I just went through this process when creating a local account for my kids on my Windows 8 desktop. So I was a little confused by this myself.
    Developer

Quote Originally Posted by Blkacesvf41 View Post
    I don't think that not being able to log in has anything to do with being on a different network. I agree that creating a local account is the way to go. But even then you'll need a MS account to access the store the very first time. I know because I just went through this process when creating a local account for my kids on my Windows 8 desktop. So I was a little confused by this myself.
    I think the account his dad created for him is his MS account. So if he has no internet, he cannot log in.

I created two local accounts on my surface for my wife and kid. They can log in just fine.