Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

So I just got a cyan JBL Power Up speaker. My Nokia Lumia 920 works great with it but I also want my surface RT to connect to them. I have gone into my surface settings, gone to device, then clicked "add a device". It starts to look but it never shows up. I've tried everything I can think of; disconnecting my lumia 920, turning off and on the speakers, and clicking "Not what your looking for?" and reading all the info. Is there some trick that I need to know to make my surface compliable with my JBL Power Up speakers. Or should I just give up and live with out it.

Help please!!!

Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    I've never tried to pair it - but here are the steps needed with some troubleshooting options:

Add Bluetooth device | Bluetooth and Surface

Yes the speakers said the it connects universally to Bluetooth devives

u need unpair the speaker from the nokia first

I've tried when the Nokia is not connected but I'll try to delete it all together

I'm not sure but I would think it could it has nfc

Ok thanks I'll take a look at it.

Thanks guys figured it out. Apparently I just didn't know how to pair a devise to it. I just hold down the Bluetooth button on the speakers. I feel stupid.

Hey . Facing the same problem. How did it work?

I just got one of these and have managed (after screwing around for a few hours) to connect it to my Lumia 920, Surface RT and Windows 8.1 Desktop.

I found I had a few driver errors but going into device manager (using devmgmt.msc) I managed to get it to work. For Windows 8.1 I had to update the drivers for my Bluetooth device, for the Surface RT I uninstalled the Bluetooth Radio and then restarted, when it reinstalled it all worked.

So yes - it can connect to all these devices - if you're happy to persevere with it!

It could only connect to one device at a time though, so while setting it up I had to make sure I turned off the Bluetooth in the others, e.g. turned off Bluetooth on the Surface and phone when trying to set up the Desktop.

Hope that helps!