Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By nokialove

Just wondering if we'll see quality titles like these for Windows RT, instead of just mini puzzle & cartoon games.

If there's such a game already out there, please point me in the right direction

Global Posts
    2,494 Global Posts
    We have Angry Birds Space and Angry Birds Star Wars!

But as to the type of game you are actually talking about, no idea. It will really depend on if demand is there or not. If enough people buy RT tablets and want RT optimized games, developers will make them.

Global Posts
    250 Global Posts
    I check the store pretty much every day hoping for a Gameloft, or EA game of any sort. Not really sure what is taking so long - you cant play the tablet games for 5-10$ each on regular windows....well maybe through bluestacks, ive never tried. Either way, have to think that they will have access to 100's of millions of windows users to download, on top of the 100's of millions of mobile users. Hopefully they are building in xbox controllers to the mix, maybe why taking longer.....I hope at least. If MS could get it right so that your apps/games are shared between xbox, Windows Phone 8 and RT/8 I could see a lot of people switching to WP8. They are getting the right idea with Smartglass, but give me xbox on RT....you have billions of dollard invested in this, give me some halo multiplayer on my surface. I wonder if original xbox could be emulated to run on it, that should be the xbox game store.

It should be so obvious for them to put original Xbox games in the Windows Store. I hope they realize how good of an idea that is.
    allenyw likes this.

Global Posts
    8,044 Global Posts
    Shadowgun is coming soon. If you download the Nvidia "Tegra Zone" app, it tells you that.

Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jdevenberg View Post
    We have Angry Birds Space and Angry Birds Star Wars!

But as to the type of game you are actually talking about, no idea. It will really depend on if demand is there or not. If enough people buy RT tablets and want RT optimized games, developers will make them.
    Not forgetting that windows RT apps run on full windows too. People that buy windows 8 at least try the modern ui and if good games are available they will sell so its not only down to just RT sales