12-27-2012, 11:52 AM #1
- 264 Posts
So I've just recently got a Surface. And I start too see the lack of official apps, but what are the best alternatives for "the-most-used" apps. I mean for facebook, twitter, youtube, instagram etc. and what is the best browser available?
You have a lot of alternatives, like:
- Youtube RT
- Prime Tube
- Youtube +
- Youtube Player
- Facebook Pro
- Facebook friends
- Feed for facebook
- Facebook Touch
- Is the Mozilla one out?
- 12-27-2012, 03:24 PM #2
In my opinion.
Youtube: Primetube (until Metrotube comes out)
Facebook: FB Touch
Browser: IE but if you don't like it for "flash" limitations well Chrome is better
- 12-28-2012, 12:22 AM #4
Don't bet on seeing a Firefox or Chrome browser anytime soon given Google/Mozilla's litigation and/or threatened litigation. Google wanted access to the Windows RT desktop and Microsoft has made it clear that 1) any version of Chrome or Firefox would be Metro/Modern and 2) they will not give anyone access to the desktop. Google and Firefox have since disavowed interest in developing for RT and have claimed it will be a failure. Personally I have always thought Google really wanted access to the desktop so that they could steal more of the ARM OS code or override OS security locks. In a rare example of me agreeing with Apple, I do think intellectual theft and data harvesting (and then convincing people their privacy rights are irrelevant) are the only things Google does well. Mozilla is a Google puppet since it is Google money that keeps them afloat, so whatever Google wants, they will probably continue to support....
- By FrankGrimes in forum Developers CornerReplies: 11Last Post: 12-19-2013, 02:05 PM
- By Mooncow27 in forum Windows Phone AccessoriesReplies: 17Last Post: 01-03-2013, 08:25 AM
- By Frenzytom in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 8Last Post: 12-18-2012, 10:55 AM
- By MajorLonghorn in forum Windows Phone AppsReplies: 36Last Post: 04-25-2012, 07:16 AM
- By VernonEL in forum Windows Phone AppsReplies: 78Last Post: 07-02-2011, 08:44 AM