1.    #1  
    My first surface broke (internally), so they gave me a new one. I upgraded to the 64GB one. So everything transferred smoothly (love the cloud). I noticed it wasn't the newest software, and the 2013 office preview was on it, so I updated, thinking it would upgrade me to the final edition. So I updated EVERYTHING till it said Up-To-Date. Then I went to Word 2013, and it still says Word 2013 Preview!!!! I tried all of the Office RT Suite, exact same. I'm disappointed. What do I do?

Where did you update from, the Metro based update or the Control Panel based one in desktop mode? Try both, IIRC you had to do it through the desktop based control panel...
    Check out my youtube video reviews of games and apps for Windows RT @ WindowsRTReview
    Check out my Blog Windows RT Review
    Thanked by:
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by vdek View Post
    Where did you update from, the Metro based update or the Control Panel based one in desktop mode? Try both, IIRC you had to do it through the desktop based control panel...
    I did it through the Metro based one. I'm in the Control Panel and I can't find the update option on my Surface.

Edit: NVM, I found it. Thanks for the help. These updates should be through the Live style one now.

It's not stupid on you at all, Microsoft made that rather confusing and some people might never even know how to update it if they turn off autoupdates... Bad design decision IMO.
    Check out my youtube video reviews of games and apps for Windows RT @ WindowsRTReview
    Check out my Blog Windows RT Review
  5.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by vdek View Post
    It's not stupid on you at all, Microsoft made that rather confusing and some people might never even know how to update it if they turn off autoupdates... Bad design decision IMO.
    But I'm a techie, I should have figured it out. But thanks for the help!!
    I'm still rocking the preview version on my Surface for some reason...

Mine only updated Tuesday before all the recent patches came through. Even though i had been checking for updates every few days they were suddenly there and needed updating before the other patches would show up.
  8.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital Savior View Post
    I'm still rocking the preview version on my Surface for some reason...
    go to the control panel and update it from there.
    Thanked by:

Go to the Desktop. Then tap/click on the flag on the taskbar (which corresponds to Action Center). Open the actual Action Center window. Lower left corner will show "See Also - Windows Update". Check for updates from there.

Cheers.
    Last edited by justop26; 12-13-2012 at 10:27 AM. Reason: Spelling