Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Quote Originally Posted by magictriangle View Post
    This thing is awesome. I've been playing Zombies Ate My Neighbors! The on screen controls are semi-annoying though. I would love to get a USB SNES controller for this.
    Site for this rom and any others that can help us all? Thanks
    Speed from my Surface

Global Posts
    1,400 Global Posts
    anybody try the controller? is there a delay?

Global Posts
    2,408 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Soxpranos View Post
    Site for this rom and any others that can help us all? Thanks

Not to be a ****...but seriously..Google...its not like hidden anywhere haha.

Global Posts
    2,408 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dkp23 View Post
    anybody try the controller? is there a delay?
    No delay with keyboard. Is assume the controller is ready to rock.

Global Posts
    265 Global Posts
    I've just done a video on this.

Seems pretty stable to me expect for when you plug HDMI in.

Global Posts
    1,400 Global Posts
    So i downloaded a number of roms and none of them worked properly.

Ken Griffy Jr baseball
    NHL 94
    Super punchout
    Mario Kart
    nba jam and a few others.

None of them worked, im not knowledgable on the whole rom thing so im not sure if it is the emulator or the rom file itself, for example, the nhl 94 game from coolrom.com goes straight to the end credits, doesnt even go to the game, i suspect that is the rom file itself. The other games, when i try to select 1 player or scroll down, the scroll goes back up automatically and sometimes doesn't even recognize.

For example, on mario kart, i can press down to go to 2 player but goes back up to 1 player, when im selecting a team for nba jam the scrolling just keeps going doesnt stop. The others, i couldnt hit start to start the game so never got into the game. So im not sure if this is a rom issue or emulator issue, but for all the roms i've downloaded, going 0 for everything is a bit surprising. Anybody else having issues?

Ken Griffy Jr baseball
    NHL 94
    Super punchout
    Mario Kart

None of them worked, im not knowledgable on the whole rom thing so im not sure if it is the emulator or the rom file itself, for example, the nhl 94 game from coolrom.com goes straight to the end credits, doesnt even go to the game, i suspect that is the rom file itself. The other games, when i try to select 1 player or scroll down, the scroll goes back up automatically and sometimes doesn't even recognize.

For example, on mario kart, i can press down to go to 2 player but goes back up to 1 player, when im selecting a team for nba jam the scrolling just keeps going doesnt stop. The others, i couldnt hit start to start the game so never got into the game. So im not sure if this is a rom issue or emulator issue, but for all the roms i've downloaded, going 0 for everything is a bit surprising. Anybody else having issues?
    I am not having any issues with Mario Kart or Super Punchout. I acquired them from the same place. I don't have a solution for you just wanted to help you eliminate the source of the ROMS as a possible problem.

Global Posts
    1,400 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rebornempowered View Post
    I am not having any issues with Mario Kart or Super Punchout. I acquired them from the same place. I don't have a solution for you just wanted to help you eliminate the source of the ROMS as a possible problem.
    u using controller or on screen controls?
    u using controller or on screen controls?
    Both work with a controller.

Mario Kart worked fine with on screen. I hadn't gotten around to using Super Punchout before the Xbox controller update hit.

Global Posts
    1,400 Global Posts
    I'll reinstall the app see if that works. Don't have a controller yet

Global Posts
    1,400 Global Posts
    reinstalled app, seems to work now, got mario kart and ken griffy jr baseball to work properly, will be awesome one my controller comes in next week.

Hopefully somebod ymakes a ps1 emulator :o

Ken Griffy Jr baseball
    NHL 94
    Super punchout
    Mario Kart

HOw do u get the Roms to work after u download them? Is there a folder we need to put them in? Thanks
    Speed from my Surface

Global Posts
    1,400 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Soxpranos View Post
    HOw do u get the Roms to work after u download them? Is there a folder we need to put them in? Thanks
    yes u must set a directory to load from first through the app. I set my desktop so I put my roms on desktop and loads from there.
    Thanked by:

yes u must set a directory to load from first through the app. I set my desktop so I put my roms on desktop and loads from there.
    You also must have the ROM unzipped in order for it to show up. A lot of roms come zipped. I had to do a batch unzip on my laptop then transfer those files to my surface. As far as I know you cannot batch unzip files on the surface, so if you've got lots of zipped games, save some time by using the big boy you have at home.
    Thanked by:
    Please don't link to ROMS on this forum.

Thanks guys, gotcha. I was trying to get them to work right from my surface. So unzip on desktop then transfer over to Surface.

Appreciate it guys
    Speed from my Surface

Global Posts
    1,400 Global Posts
    Just got my controller delivered yesterday, works like a charm, no delay. awesome app!
    DougB541#CB likes this.

Will this emulator be available for wp??

Well it could be available for the windows phone, at least it seems fully feasible, but what games would you play that wouldn't be **** without a physical controller? The touch controls on the surface are fairly horrendous (to be fair a two way blame as Microsoft's cores aren't optimized properly with touch, and touchscreen gaming without tactile feedback can only be so complex). I would try to message the developer if I was you and see if s/he might have future plans for wp, but i sort of doubt it, sorry :/

Games with simple controls i suppose. Street racer, Jurassic park, donkey kong would look lush :)

Ive used these kind of things on a android phone and they worked fine.

It would also give us more games to play considering the lack of them on wp at the mo.

Global Posts
    2,408 Global Posts
    Street Fighter II is cheap as well. I don't remember it being this cheap when I was younger lol

Snes8x is on the wp8 marketplace and its free :D:D wooohoooo!!!

Time to get some of my fave games on the go. Now this will keep me very happy til our games for wp8 sorts itself out.

Where can I get the games for it?
    Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920

Look for snes roms mate on google. Upload them to skydrive and download them to the app.

This app is amazing but would prefer full screen support. some games the music sounds a bit fast, donkey kong is the worst for this but its more than playable and it looks lush on the 920 screen!

I would also like to see a run jump button for games like mario and dk. Quite difficult to do with separate virtual buttons.
    Last edited by DAIMONDY; 01-19-2013 at 04:53 AM.

Global Posts
    1,010 Global Posts
    Just got my controller delivered yesterday, works like a charm, no delay. awesome app!
    Can I get a generic usb controller from a big box store? If not can you link yours?
    My next phone...
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast