- 12-04-2012, 09:18 AM #1
Remember when they were bragging at the Surface presser about all the devices you could use and great printer support? GO check out the Windows 8 compatibility list for RT, devices that were previously listed as working or "limited compatiblity" now have a big fat red X beside them. Real bait and switch there Microsoft. And what luck, out of all the printers that work, all of the ones I happen to own don't.
- 12-04-2012, 10:37 AM #2
1) I don't see much of a change in most areas other than user feedback having identified some drivers as not compatible for some devices.
2) With respect to printers, virtually every printer on the list that is not compatible is from a single manufacturer. Where do you think the source of the problem might be?
3) I have yet to find a device that is not compatible other than a couple scanners and a ca 2008 Panasonic all in one laser printer that barely worked with Vista and had no Windows 7 drivers. I didn't expect the scanners to work and would have been shocked if the Panasonic suddenly was more than a fax machine.
Personally I have seen nothing to justify whining about bait and switch. If you have an issue with a specific device made in the past couple years bring it up to them and to the device manufacturer.
- 12-05-2012, 05:19 PM #5
yeah its actually too bad when you get a device that isn't working, I know how frustrating it is... for me though its been the opposite! I think every single thing I have plugged in or set up wirelessly has worked flawlessly. I just bought an Epson wireless printer, hooked it up in a minute and was done. I think for an iPad like tablet competitor this thing is killer!
12-09-2012, 07:08 PM #6
- 225 Posts
First of all, "add printers" only worked for printers on other computers at my home. I have to advanced option to add one network printer. Second, I have a Konica Magic Color laser printer and surface RT did not install. The printer is not old at all.
- By 12Danny123 in forum Upcoming & Rumored DevicesReplies: 5Last Post: 09-15-2012, 11:04 AM
- By rabit1 in forum HTC HD 7 / 7sReplies: 7Last Post: 11-18-2011, 07:29 AM
- By Luisraul924 in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 7Last Post: 08-23-2011, 06:55 PM
- By Winterfang in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 0Last Post: 06-18-2011, 08:48 PM
- By ninjaap in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 26Last Post: 03-07-2011, 10:51 PM