- 11-17-2012, 06:02 PM #1
I am about to release a new version of my app called PRadio which is a Pandora Radio Client. It works well on a regular PC but i want to test it on a surface RT because i am hearing a lot of complains from users. Can anyone with a Microsoft surface sideload this app? It will be a great help and it will benefit a lot of users. It does not contain any viruses and you will get to preview a lot of cool new features.
Please follow the instructions given below:
1. Download Pandora_0.0.3.3_AnyCPU_Test from http://sdrv.ms/UPGLDy or http://uploading.com/files/get/dfc8c...nyCPU_Test.zip and unzip to any folder e.g. xyz.
2. Open powershell as an administrator
3. Execute the following commands in powershell
a) set-executionpolicy unrestricted
b) cd xyz\Pandora_0.0.3.3_AnyCPU_Test
[Note: It might ask you to login to your Microsoft Account that is necessary to get the necessary certificates to sign the package, any microsoft account will do]
Last edited by hsalps; 11-19-2012 at 03:48 PM.
- 11-19-2012, 05:36 PM #6
Also if you really afraid of your account being hijacked please create a dummy Microsoft account and Pandora account.
Last edited by Chris Parsons; 11-20-2012 at 09:38 AM.
11-19-2012, 08:05 PM #8
- 2 Posts
I went ahead and did so, primarily because I have never sideloaded an app on Windows RT before, and I thought it would be an interesting experiment/tutorial opportunity. So I did it, and it worked perfectly fine. I did use dummy accounts btw.
How to side load a standalone Pandora app to Surface RT | Microsoft Surface Blog, Windows RT, Windows 8, Surface Pro, Xbox Surface, Microsoft
- 11-20-2012, 02:03 AM #10
A couple things:
1) I agree with those questioning the legitimacy of this request. If you want to see if it works on a real Surface tablet perhaps you should consider purchasing one. Nothing about this seems consistent with the Microsoft protocols for app development.
No offense but even if this is legitimate, it seems more like a proof of concept of how to hack Surface RT than anything else.
- By camradal in forum Developer SpotlightReplies: 14Last Post: 06-25-2012, 10:16 PM
- By Jerryzkidz in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 6Last Post: 11-17-2011, 09:53 AM
- By jrdatrackstar#WP in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 31Last Post: 10-21-2011, 06:34 PM
- By Hmar9333 in forum Windows Phone AppsReplies: 2Last Post: 09-28-2011, 12:45 PM