Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Global Posts
    402 Global Posts
    Just checked or updates and there are 7 (104MB I think). Noticed one was a firmware update as well. I know most of the updates are security-related, but maybe they snuck in a performance update or two?
    Nokia Lumia 1520 RM-937 w/ 64GB MicroSD card
    Microsoft Surface 2 32GB w/ Type Cover 2

Smartphone History: iPhone 3G 8GB -> iPhone 4 8GB -> iPhone 4S 16GB -> Nexus S -> iPhone 4S 16GB -> Lumia 900 -> Lumia 920 -> Lumia 1520

My Blog: PixelWin

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4...25834/xboxone/

Global Posts
    2,355 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dos101 View Post
    maybe they snuck in a performance update or two?
    They did: Microsoft News | Patch Tuesday pushes out 7 updates to the Surface, including a performance update. Let us know if you notice any positive changes.

Global Posts
    2,481 Global Posts
    firmware update will most likely be related to power.

Global Posts
    402 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theefman View Post
    Will do. Rebooted and installing updates. It's sure taking it's sweet time though.

Smartphone History: iPhone 3G 8GB -> iPhone 4 8GB -> iPhone 4S 16GB -> Nexus S -> iPhone 4S 16GB -> Lumia 900 -> Lumia 920 -> Lumia 1520

Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dos101 View Post
    Will do. Rebooted and installing updates. It's sure taking it's sweet time though.
    Mine's downloading now.

Global Posts
    402 Global Posts
    So far it feels a little snappier opening apps. The biggest thing for me is that, before the updates, when I would reboot or do a cold boot, after I log in I would need to wait 10-20 seconds for the touchscreen to be responsive. Now it's instantly responsive after I log in. Will see if battery life has improved in the next few days.

Global Posts
    2,481 Global Posts
    Wow they have done -something- responsiveness to touch in IE in particular is VASTLY improved, and I thought it was fine to begin with. I haven't had a chance to test a lot of other things but it seems like they have improved touch responsiveness.

Quote Originally Posted by inteller View Post
    Wow they have done -something- responsiveness to touch in IE in particular is VASTLY improved, and I thought it was fine to begin with. I haven't had a chance to test a lot of other things but it seems like they have improved touch responsiveness.
    I was just about to start a thread about this!! IE 10 has gotten a lot faster!! One particular thing I noticed is that I can now click links before the page finishes loading, I couldn't do that before, now its that much faster. The rendering is also much improved... sites pop up much faster now...

Global Posts
    2,481 Global Posts
    This site in particular is faster

Global Posts
    2,355 Global Posts
    Thanks for the updates. Any Vivo RT users install yet? Just got home and installing updates on my x86, not expecting performance increases but would be interesting to see if it also does something here.

Global Posts
    2,481 Global Posts
    i think most of the updates on the x86 side were for security. And you may not get the firmware for the Asus since that is hardware related. Microsoft seems to have devised better touchscreen drivers.

every Surface owner NEEDS to get these patches ASAP, it has improved the performance of my Surface, and I thought it was good to begin with, this raises the bar!

Yeah apps load faster, and the back swipe seems faster. Odd that it wasn't an app update but a firmware.

I was also wondering if it is louder but it could be just me.
    The update has definitely improved performance. Apps launch quicker and IE is much improved. Pretty sweet update. Hopefully they will keep these kinds of performance updates coming every month!

Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    I'm blown away with how fast IE is now and overall performance. I guess this comes when the company is software first, hardware second.

Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    My brightness is also now blinding. Any of you notice that as well?

Global Posts
    2,681 Global Posts
    Everything is more fluid. Snapping during multitasking, closing apps, changing apps.

I haven't found much speed difference besides going back in the browser though
    Try out my first Windows 8 app, ModernCalc! It's free and I would love to hear your feedback!

Phones: Nokia Lumia 928, HTC Windows Phone 8x, HTC Trophy
    PMP: Zune HD 32, Zune 80, Zune 4, Zune 30, Ipod Nano 2nd gen (x4), Ipod touch 16gb 2nd gen
    Tablet: Surface for Windows RT

Global Posts
    2,481 Global Posts
    really this update is so epic, Microsoft needs to be shipping them like this from the factory now.

Global Posts
    2,681 Global Posts
    Okay I lied, changing orientation is faster and smoother, and yeh a lot of apps are significantly faster! Especially the people app!!
    Try out my first Windows 8 app, ModernCalc! It's free and I would love to hear your feedback!

Phones: Nokia Lumia 928, HTC Windows Phone 8x, HTC Trophy
    PMP: Zune HD 32, Zune 80, Zune 4, Zune 30, Ipod Nano 2nd gen (x4), Ipod touch 16gb 2nd gen
    Tablet: Surface for Windows RT

Global Posts
    297 Global Posts
    I will add a borderline useless "I agree" post to this thread. Those latest salvo of updates really improved performance. I was already pretty satisfied! IE 10 is a lot better. Very nice.

Global Posts
    2,348 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nuprotocol View Post
    I'm blown away with how fast IE is now and overall performance. I guess this comes when the company is software first, hardware second.
    Quote Originally Posted by the_thunderbird View Post
    I will add a borderline useless "I agree" post to this thread. Those latest salvo of updates really improved performance. I was already pretty satisfied! IE 10 is a lot better. Very nice.
    What the heck, I'll add my useless post as well.

I'm really happy with how IE handles going back a page now. It was painful before when swiping back. And the sites that either used to hang or crash the browser now load quick and with no issues.

has any one experienced explorer crash?

it crashes for me every time I launch a new metro app, and every time I bring charm out on desktop mode

Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by snailium View Post
    has any one experienced explorer crash?

it crashes for me every time I launch a new metro app, and every time I bring charm out on desktop mode
    No problems here for me with this. Have you tried rebooting?

I echo what everyone else has said - great update, ie10 is much faster. I am very happy.

Can any one try pinging their machine after the patch? And if you had created network file shares, try and access them from a remote machine?

I was messing around and never getting any echos back.
    It seems my icmp echo was switched off after the update in the firewall.

Also none of my Shares worked. Had to remake them all.

Quote Originally Posted by eimoaotl View Post
    No problems here for me with this. Have you tried rebooting?

I echo what everyone else has said - great update, ie10 is much faster. I am very happy.
    The first thing I tried is rebooting surface. But still crashes.

Anyway, I've 'send information to Microsoft', hope they can fix the problem soon

anyone having issues downloading the update? i've been trying for the past hour and the bar hasn't moved past 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast