Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Global Posts
    1,578 Global Posts
    Is there a trick to hovering over links without using the touch cover track pad and cursor? There are many sites that use this type of link to bring up a drop down menu that isn't accessible in any other way. ESPN and the verge are two that come to mind.

Global Posts
    2,427 Global Posts
    I've hit a lot of sites where drop down menus don't work correctly on the Surface when trying to hover without the mouse. It's frustrating. Sometimes I can get it to work by holding my finger on the link and letting up just before the right click menu comes up.
    This has been a problem with all touch screen devices I've ever used. I'm sure the majority of all web browsing in the world is don't on touch devices. Sites should design for this!
    Phones: Nokia Lumia Icon, Nokia Lumia 928, HTC Windows Phone 8x, HTC Trophy
    PMP: Zune HD 32, Zune 80, Zune 4, Zune 30
    Tablet: Surface 2, Surface for Windows RT

Global Posts
    2,427 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by berty6294 View Post
    This has been a problem with all touch screen devices I've ever used. I'm sure the majority of all web browsing in the world is don't on touch devices. Sites should design for this!
    I agree, especially since the the trend is touch screen, even in laptops now. Web designers/programmers could get away with being a bit lazy in the past, or only coding for one specific browser, but not anymore. Standards must be followed. Although some of the sites may follow standards, they still need to account for touch devices.

iOS and android allows for a tap to simulate a hover on non navigation objects.

This doesn't seem to work in Mobile IE10. I'm going to eventually recode the hovers I've written to be clicks as it is better for touch screens.

However, tap to hover would be a nice feature for MS to copy from iOS.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    330 Global Posts
    It works on my BlackBerry but no IE10 //: I hope they improve IE10

IE10 is tho only browser that works as Standardized by w3org. But Microsoft is Aware of that and instead of silently implementing non Standard Features they did make rfc.
    Submission request for Pointer Events Specification