Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

So, I bought a Microsoft Surface RT with some skepticism, but the keyboard attracted me.

Well, after 2 weeks of owning this thing - I'm in love. I sold my iPad "3" on eBAY and I've never felt better about a purchase.

I love the Surface! I hope others will come to the light as I have

Global Posts
    1,411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by runamuck83 View Post
    So, I bought a Microsoft Surface RT with some skepticism, but the keyboard attracted me.

Well, after 2 weeks of owning this thing - I'm in love. I sold my iPad "3" on eBAY and I've never felt better about a purchase.

Amen my brother.

Wow! Same thing I did.

Global Posts
    480 Global Posts
    glad you are enjoying it! I think as more apps show up and people see how useful it is then more of these stories will show up.

Agreed. The kids stole the iPad anyway. Hands off my Surface though!

Global Posts
    328 Global Posts
    Same here. Sold my ipad2.

I can do so much work on the surface. Fun yes, but work is the big item. I have really begun to leave my laptop at home. With the iPad, I always had to carry a laptop or netbook.

This is the table I have waiting for years for.

Global Posts
    2,408 Global Posts
    My gf has an iPad2 and wants a surface haha.

I just hope Microsoft sticks to their guns to make it a success...:dry

Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jaimeastin View Post

This is the table I have waiting for years for.
    Sound like a disciple at the last supper.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    I just sold my Nexus 7, and my HTC one x, now all my tech is Microsoft, the Surface is my ideal portable computer! In the office its a laptop, on the couch its a tablet1
    Also thinking about selling my iPad and buying a Surface! Thanks for sharing your story, makes me less afraid of the switch :D

Global Posts
    2,348 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by greynightshirt View Post
    Also thinking about selling my iPad and buying a Surface! Thanks for sharing your story, makes me less afraid of the switch :D
    Do it! You won't regret it. Just put your iPad away for a week; somewhere that's it's not easy to reach for it, and see if the Surface does everything you need, and more. If after a week you're happy, dig out the iPad and sell it. Or give it to an unsuspecting family member if you feel like being nice.

Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    I was thinking of switching to a surface earlier, however, I've seen reviewers complaining about how laggy games is performing on the surface, not to mention Microsoft word too. Is this true? Other than that, surface is almost a perfect lapblet. ><

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    2,348 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by holyxiaoxin View Post
    I was thinking of switching to a surface earlier, however, I've seen reviewers complaining about how laggy games is performing on the surface, not to mention Microsoft word too. Is this true? Other than that, surface is almost a perfect lapblet.
    I"m not a game player, so I can't comment on that.

Word works fine for me, with no lag. Maybe users reporting slowness in MS Office haven't updated it yet. I have some rather large PowerPoint presentations as well, and the Surface preforms just as good as my laptop during a presentation..

Do you have a store near you? You can test it out yourself. It's easier to take advantage of the 14 day return policy too in case you decide you don't like it.

Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NickA View Post
    I"m not a game player, so I can't comment on that.

Word works fine for me, with no lag. Maybe users reporting slowness in MS Office haven't updated it yet. I have some rather large PowerPoint presentations as well, and the Surface preforms just as good as my laptop during a presentation..

Do you have a store near you? You can test it out yourself. It's easier to take advantage of the 14 day return policy too in case you decide you don't like it.
    I'm a programmer. So I guess I would wait for the pro version. If the RT is good, I can't wait to get my hands on one. Lumia and surface pro, here I come! I'm so ready for this whole windows ecosystem. Btw, I have my iPhone and macbookpro. Hate how macbookpro provide sucky support for windows. Come on. No one can live without using windows. :/

I feel a bit sorry for iPad owners when I see them. If they only knew how much better my device is! :D

But OK, I give it that iPad has more/better apps, but personally I've never cared much for apps, rather have out of the box functionality.

My experience has also been very lag free, but like above, I don't play games on mine.

I'm 110% loving my Surface. My only concern is that will the form factor still be there in new devices after 2+ years when it's time to upgrade again.

Global Posts
    493 Global Posts
    Do it! You won't regret it.
    He might, if he had an iPad with a Retina display - the screen on the Surface just sucks, there's no other way to put it. I still like the Surface as it's a much more useful device than the iPad - but coming from a Retina display to this really isn't easy.

That said: if you have an older iPad, go for it!

Global Posts
    2,348 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zipro View Post
    He might, if he had an iPad with a Retina display - the screen on the Surface just sucks, there's no other way to put it. I still like the Surface as it's a much more useful device than the iPad - but coming from a Retina display to this really isn't easy.

That said: if you have an older iPad, go for it!
    I have an iPad 3 and do not miss the Retina at all. Ask iPad mini owners, they don't miss the retina display either. It's not that big of a deal to some.

Sometimes you have to give up something to gain something. In this case, the benefits of the Surface out weigh the retina of the iPad 3, but that's IMO and what works for me.

Global Posts
    2,348 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by holyxiaoxin View Post
    I'm a programmer. So I guess I would wait for the pro version. If the RT is good, I can't wait to get my hands on one. Lumia and surface pro, here I come! I'm so ready for this whole windows ecosystem. Btw, I have my iPhone and macbookpro. Hate how macbookpro provide sucky support for windows. Come on. No one can live without using windows. :/
    I'm a developer too, and one of the reasons I got the Surface RT is because I've already had clients asking if I can create RT apps.

Global Posts
    3,385 Global Posts
    I was thinking about picking up a surface as well. I am loving the 920 and think the surface will compliment it well. Gotta keep my MacBook pro, too in love with logic studio to give it up.

My surface is phenomenal!!!! I sold my iPad 3 on amazon and I have no lag, the keyboard is wonderful(on screen, type cover, full, spread-out), good battery life, and I keep receiving updates that make it better and better... I sometimes stumble upon the app drawer and am amazed to see the amount of apps that I leave open. The money I have saved from my iPad and the money I will receive for selling my surface Rt will be used to purchase the surface pro however. That's the real game changer right there

Global Posts
    179 Global Posts
    I have had my Surface for 1.5 weeks. I just put my iPad 3 up for sale today.

Love the OS, and love the keyboard. It's been a pleasure to use something different.

I've been around the block with Tablets. The Android Tablets are full of lag, and the OS is poor at best. The Apple iPad is nice, and polished, but it's also a very dated 5 year old OS. You realize how dated the iPad is once you use the Surface.

JOHN

Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    I'm a developer too, and one of the reasons I got the Surface RT is because I've already had clients asking if I can create RT apps.
    Since all 3 OS are in the same ecosystem, coding it for RT means it can be easily ported over to wp8 and w8 right?

Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    I did the same thing. Interestingly I teach some 15 and 16 year old kids. The instant they saw the surface they universally told me that it looked better than an iPad (has the right shape they are used to now with everything else -widescreen), and they all wanted one (but of course could never afford it). After playing with it some said, wow, it has PowerPoint and word - I can even do my homework on it. They all agreed it was "cooler" than the iPad.

Anyway, I guess Microsoft commercials are working on impressionable young minds :)

I will be selling my MacBook very soon and replacing it with a Windows 8 tablet. I also love my suface and find it infinitely more useful than my ipad by a long shot.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast