Results 1 to 13 of 13
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By missionsparta
  1. the_thunderbird's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    123 Posts
    Global Posts
    297 Global Posts
       #1  
    Looking for some help here, this question is primarily based around my Surface, though -

    I use iTunes as my primary music software on the PC - and do not use the Xbox Music except to shuffle songs around for my Windows Phone.

    Now I want my music on my Surface. The Xbox Music Cloud appears to have found about 1/5 of my library (shockingly low number, I listen to mainstream commercial garbage). So that is cool. I did not have to do anything. But, I want the rest of my music on the Surface.

    Also, how do I get Xbox to recognize my songs? I will use a well known example of a song I used to secretly love, until I found out everyone secretly loved it, Carly Rae Jepsen's Call Me Maybe. How the heck can MS not find this!

    I see my Music syncing options as:

    1. Buy an Xbox Music Pass. The limitation here is that I will be maintaining two music services - am I correct to assume Xbox Music cannot go on the iPod (iTunes)? Would have to maintain two separate collections.

    2. Physically move my music onto the Surface with a USB or something...? Limitation: this seems inefficient.

    Do I have other choices? SkyDrive?
  2. Sonic77's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    42 Posts
    Global Posts
    428 Global Posts
    #2  
    Many songs purchased on iTunes in the past were drm protected, could that be the issue?

    I think those only play on Apple devices?
  3. #3  
    Xbox music id a mess in general. Lets hope an update fixes this and Xbox video....and QUICK
  4. DougB541#CB's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    142 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,408 Global Posts
    #4  
    xbox video is no where near the mess Music is right now.

    The issue is they tried to bring both streaming and your collection to one app....but have zero way of managing your collection.
  5. inteller's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    2,455 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,459 Global Posts
    #5  
    The Music app should have been a direct port of Zune, without all the Zune logos and branding.

    Zune is PERFECT for managing music.

    The Xbox Music app is the worst thing since iTunes.
  6. jhoff80's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    927 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,906 Global Posts
    #6  
    Zune is horrible for touch though.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by DougB541 View Post
    xbox video is no where near the mess Music is right now.

    The issue is they tried to bring both streaming and your collection to one app....but have zero way of managing your collection.
    While I understand how Xbox video could be fine for some..try having hundreds of movies and tv shows that the Zune tagged correctly and organized. Now they are just thrown into one giant mess. Furthermore, there is no way to even begin to start organizing the mess. If they had an ape for a beta tester and a library of more than 20 songs and 5 videos, he could have told them both these programs were a nightmare.
    Mandos likes this.
  8. DougB541#CB's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    142 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,408 Global Posts
    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by missionsparta View Post
    While I understand how Xbox video could be fine for some..try having hundreds of movies and tv shows that the Zune tagged correctly and organized. Now they are just thrown into one giant mess. Furthermore, there is no way to even begin to start organizing the mess. If they had an ape for a beta tester and a library of more than 20 songs and 5 videos, he could have told them both these programs were a nightmare.
    Ah, i have a minor video collection that i don't really go into often so i can see why it isn't bothering me.

    That sucks...hopefully a 3rd party company steps it up if MS does not.
  9. O.f.f.r.o.a.d's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    10 Posts
    #9  
    There is "Music Info" App that looks promising... just bought it for the Surface AND Windows 8 PC. I think the guys are even working to have it work with a remote control for the big screen so it'll work on a 10" screen as well as a 60' screen...
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by O.f.f.r.o.a.d View Post
    There is "Music Info" App that looks promising... just bought it for the Surface AND Windows 8 PC. I think the guys are even working to have it work with a remote control for the big screen so it'll work on a 10" screen as well as a 60' screen...
    Fantastic tip! The app blows Xbox Music out of the water! Still can't edit any of your files metadata, but I have only found two problems out of 1000's of my songs. Thanks again for the suggestion... love it. Reminds me of why many of us fell in love with the Zune software.
  11. 11B1P's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    932 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,250 Global Posts
    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Zune is horrible for touch though.
    Huh? My Zune HD works just fine with its touch screen.

    PM me for more details
  12. jhoff80's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    927 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,906 Global Posts
    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by wbdillworth View Post
    Huh? My Zune HD works just fine with its touch screen.
    We're discussing the Zune PC app, not Zune hardware.
  13. austen0316's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    12 Posts
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    #13  
    The stock music app needs a lot of improvement, is there anything else like iTunes for the surface?

Posting Permissions

B