Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Right now, I'm must using another family member's Surface, waiting until the Pro version to get my own. I definitely will be replacing my iPad2 with it! In fact, it was really funny earlier today when I went back to my iPad, and already was trying to switch apps by using the Surface gestures! I love that I can have a second app docked on the side of the screen, and how easy it is to go from app to app. Love it.

And the current lack of apps doesn't really bother me either. One issue I have with my iPad is having too many stupic cr@p apps that I never use. Sometimes less really is more.

Global Posts
    356 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by loribinca View Post
    Zinio is out for the surface. Its OK for a first attempt - There are a few things that could do with some improvement (pinch to zoom, speed of page rendering, background downloading of a single issue) but all in all its not too bad for version 1

All my subscriptions transferred over and I read my copy of this months NYLON on it !! :)

To me Zinio on the surface sucks bad and my subscriptions did not transfer. I've been with Zinio since ... well forever. Back when pocket pcs were all the rage.

iPaq 4700 FTW!

Global Posts
    356 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bmhillegass87 View Post
    I have owned 8 different tablets within the year8 is getting a lot of those must have apps. Excited to get either the lumia 920 or HTC 8x!
    Question, did you keep any of them, sell or return them before the return period expired?

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Currently the Surface RT is my only tablet. I've got an iPad mini LTE on the way though. I'm enjoying it quite a bit and Windows 8 was really made to be touched. The app selection is pretty sparse at the moment. Especially when it comes to media consumption. The iOS and Android camps have more video codec support at present and they both have SSH clients readily available, something that I need to be able to do my job. I'm sure both of these issues will be rectified in the coming months. I do plan on sidegrading to a Surface Pro when it comes out. That's likely to replace my MacBook Pro as my daily driver.

Global Posts
    236 Global Posts
    ive enjoyed my surface so much that ive given my ipad 3 to my little sister. I mean I used it for twitter, web browsing etc. I checked and movies play at hbogo.com so im ok with the lack of apps. for now.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12