- 11-02-2012, 06:40 PM #2
I installed it yesterday, i never saw it in the store. I accidently ran into it under "my apps"
Apparently, i installed it previously somehow, not sure how, but when i was in the store, i slid my finger down from the top and pulled down the bar with "my apps" and showed all the apps i had downloaded before that were not installed (i had windows 8 preview on pc), flixster was on there and installed from there.
perhaps when you are searching, make sure you have the apps selected when you are searching.
- 11-02-2012, 07:57 PM #5
11-28-2012, 10:23 AM #12
- 1,138 Posts
The link above takes me to the windows app store as expected, but when I click on the 'view in app store' button, it takes me to the app store, but only to the front screen.
I really miss flixster and imdb on my surface. Guess it's a good thing I have a windows phone.
- 12-26-2012, 03:56 AM #13
I wouldn't get worked up over not being able to see the flixster app in the store, as it leaves a lot to be desired. For one, you cannot watch your UltraViolet movies in it(like you can with the iOS version)..
However, Flixster is on IE10's Flash site "White list" meaning you can actually watch your UltraViolet movies using the Flixster website(and the Vudu website too)..
Using the Flixster and Vudu websites is really quite easy with touch, and I was able to stream a full movie to my VivoTab RT...Stephen
AT&T branded HTC Titan
- 01-31-2013, 08:05 AM #17
According to XDA Flixster is available in the US Store only and if you are in the UK then you need to change your region.
Anybody who doesn't know how to do this it's as follows.
1. Swype in from the right or if you are using a mouse then move mouse into the top right hand corner.
2. Click on Search,
3. In the search box type region.
4. Move into settings and click the region icon that will appear on the left.
5. It will take you back to the desktop and a new window will open with the tabs, formats, location and administrative.
6. Click on location.
7. Change Home Location to USA.
8. Go to Windows Store and search for Flixster (it does work in the UK) and install
Sorry if this is a bit noddy...