Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Does anyone know (or think they know) if this will work with a Surface:

http://www.amazon.com/MIMO-UM-710S-Powered-Swivel-Display/dp/B002RMPASG/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1351702880&sr=8-3&keywords=usb+display

I have no doubts that the USB 2.0 interface would work, but I don't know how much power the Surface's USB port can put out. If it's enough to charge a phone, it's probably enough to run this type of portable screen. Anyone try this?

Global Posts
    1,411 Global Posts
    I don't know that the surface USB output would be able to power this thing.

Global Posts
    884 Global Posts
    Im going to be getting one some time next month for my desktop, so ill try it with my surface anyway so if you don't get a response of find an answer just hold out

Global Posts
    884 Global Posts
    I dug this info up from there website also if it helps. How many Mimo monitors can I connect to my PC?

Theoretically a PC can recognize up to 127 USB devices! However, with current PC systems, we recommend the following maximum number of Mimo displays:
    1-2 Mimo displays: 1.2 GHz CPU / 512 MB RAM
    3-5 Mimo displays: 1.8 GHz CPU / 1GB RAM
    6 Mimo displays: 1.6 GHz Dual-Core CPU / 1GB RAM

as for actual power im not sure because it says it has a second usb connector if you need additional power.