Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    Only the desktop version of Onenote seems to allow you to draw with your fingers. I can't find a way to draw in OneNote MX using my fingers.
    Click the draw button up top.
    Phones: Nokia Lumia Icon, Nokia Lumia 928, HTC Windows Phone 8x, HTC Trophy
    PMP: Zune HD 32, Zune 80, Zune 4, Zune 30
    Tablet: Surface 2, Surface for Windows RT

Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by berty6294 View Post
    Click the draw button up top.
    yea, that's only in the desktop version of Onenote. I'm talking about the Onenote MX metro app. There's no drawing option that I can find.
    Quote Originally Posted by kittshelby View Post
    yea, that's only in the desktop version of Onenote. I'm talking about the Onenote MX metro app. There's no drawing option that I can find.
    Oh wow just looked that up! Didn't realize there was a metro version available!
    Phones: Nokia Lumia Icon, Nokia Lumia 928, HTC Windows Phone 8x, HTC Trophy
    PMP: Zune HD 32, Zune 80, Zune 4, Zune 30
    Tablet: Surface 2, Surface for Windows RT

yeah I was wondering the same thing, I'm starting to think... you can't?

Global Posts
    8,044 Global Posts
    You can't, you need an active digitizer pen, which will be detected automatically as pen input and let you write.

Touch and capacitive styluses are seen as the same type of input, so that function isn't available.

who would think to write on a tablet with their finger? /s

The first answer was correct, click on draw, choose the colour and pen thickness and away you go. You can buy a capacitive stylus rather than using your finger but you don't have the pressure options that come with the Intel version of the Surface.

Global Posts
    8,044 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Narr View Post
    The first answer was correct, click on draw, choose the colour and pen thickness and away you go. You can buy a capacitive stylus rather than using your finger but you don't have the pressure options that come with the Intel version of the Surface.
    And again, that only works on OneNote 2013, which is the desktop variant. It does not work on the Metro version of OneNote that the OP is asking about.
    I find using a stylus for ink on Surface RT unacceptable due to the lack of a digitizer anti-aliasing and smoothing the writing. Those of us that have used traditional Windows tablet PCs will understand. I hope the Pro will address that.
    Last edited by GoodThings2Life; 11-01-2012 at 08:52 AM.

Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VidJuhEffex View Post
    who would think to write on a tablet with their finger? /s
    I actually need to draw graphs for my economic class. Lots of supply and demand graphs. Obviously I'm not going to write with my finger when I can just type.

My bad :). I've been using the desktop version and until this thread I totally forgot there was the MX version too..... Saying that I'm using the MX version more now.

Quote Originally Posted by kittshelby View Post
    I actually need to draw graphs for my economic class. Lots of supply and demand graphs. Obviously I'm not going to write with my finger when I can just type.
    Please note the /sarcasm tag. Drawing writing with fingers should obviously be a feature, pressure sensitive or not.

Global Posts
    2,408 Global Posts
    Would anyone mind posting a screen shot of their one note notebook? I am no longer a student but I imagine some people would find one note extremely helpful and I just wanted to see some examples.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2