Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Anyone else think this is a glaring omission? - unless I am missing something and it's there ...

Global Posts
    1,421 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by loribinca View Post
    Anyone else think this is a glaring omission? - unless I am missing something and it's there ...
    I agree, although with the extra screen real estate I don't mind going to notifications in the people hub.
    I mean there kinda is. Its just built inside the people hub
    Phones: Nokia Lumia Icon, Nokia Lumia 928, HTC Windows Phone 8x, HTC Trophy
    PMP: Zune HD 32, Zune 80, Zune 4, Zune 30
    Tablet: Surface 2, Surface for Windows RT

Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    At first, I wondered the same thing. But I'm starting to realize that WP7 (and thus WP8) and Surface RT are completely different operating systems. I originally thought Surface RT would be like a tablet version of WP8, but it has become apparent that it's really just a slightly watered down Windows 8.

They took some elements from Windows Phone 7 for Windows 8, but many of the smartphone features are missing (Tellme, for instance). It looks like they just consolidated the "Me" hub into the People hub for the sake of simplicity, though I definitely preferred them separated.

I kindna like that "ME" tile is part of people hub. Not need additional tile for it. :)
    Quote Originally Posted by TMavC5 View Post
    I kindna like that "ME" tile is part of people hub. Not need additional tile for it. :)
    id like it a lot better if the people app wasn't so dreadfully slow!

Global Posts
    865 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by berty6294 View Post
    id like it a lot better if the people app wasn't so dreadfully slow!
    has it really been slow, I just went to my people hub and zipped right into it
    Quote Originally Posted by Flagz View Post
    has it really been slow, I just went to my people hub and zipped right into it
    I have thousands of people imported from Facebook and twitter and my phone so I think its probably cause of that but still doesn't seem to slow down my Windows phone!