Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By hcoreyh
  1.    #1  
    Everyone is going on and on about it. And obviously from my other posts, I can't understand how everyone is having so much success. I dragged and dropped my music into the surface from my backup hard drive. These are the same ripped files from CD's I used with the Zune and they worked fine there.

What happens is, it keeps making duplicate files of many of my songs and lists them as "stream only". The duplicate thing is annoying enough, but when I have it randomly shuffle and play my songs, it goes to commercial breaks whenever it gets to the streamed songs. On top of that, it now is listing some of my songs as in the cloud even though I have no music in the cloud. As a result with that, those songs are unplayable when I am not near a WiFi connection.

Thanks for any help or advice in advance.

Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    I think that, unbeknownst to a lot of us, that Xbox Music is actually music matching what is in your local library with what they have in the their own cloud marketplace. Which when you think about it is pretty cool for anyone who has concern over storage on the Surface...you're right about not being able to play it if you don't have wifi though. I discovered this last night, as I have copied no music files to my Surface, but when I go in the Music app it shows me having over 1000 songs in 'My Music' which are in fact all songs in my personal library...but these are all available 'streaming only.' I posted about this over here... http://forums.wpcentral.com/surface-...-rt/199875.htm

I think there just needs to be a clearer explanation somewhere of the Xbox Music capabilities and perhaps some better configuration options, like to turn off matching for example.

It's a bit of a go backwards to go forwards but from there you could download your music. Although their approach to this is inconsistent. You can only download individual tracks or albums at a time I believe. I played around with it for a bit and it took me some time to figure out. Once you download it again you should be okay to play it locally.
  4.    #4  
    Does anyone know if there is a Microsoft online manual for this thing? If it is this confusing/complicated, they really need something to explain it. As of right now, I am still at a loss with the ones it thinks are from my cloud and the ones it thinks are stream only.

Global Posts
    407 Global Posts
    Mine has only half my music and only around half of my artwork, pretty crappy and no way to edit that I've found to add artwork. Very dissapointed. Guess I will use the g8 Google music all for surface. Works great

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kregstrong View Post
    Mine has only half my music and only around half of my artwork, pretty crappy and no way to edit that I've found to add artwork. Very dissapointed. Guess I will use the g8 Google music all for surface. Works great

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    Mine too. Am wondering, how to integrate cover art since it is included in the mp3 for most of them.

And how about my movie collection? No cover art whatsoever.

Any idea what to do on either, Xbox music or video cover art?

Thanks!