Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Anybody able to get the web player to work? Hoping to use it until an app is ready for Win8, which is hopefully soon.

The browser plugin is an executable so it will not work on Windows RT. Aside from an RDP session with RemoteFX, I see no way to stream from a Slingbox to a Windows RT device until an app becomes available.

Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    In case anyone is curious...

I reached out to Slingbox today, they are aware of the issue and engineers are working on a solution, but they don't have a time table for it being ready. Here is to hoping it is coming soon....

Global Posts
    428 Global Posts
    That's a very important app, the new iPad app looks amazing.
    Took them a while to get it right but worth the wait.

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    i figured out a solution. I used the flash based web player embeded in facebook. you can also use slingplayer.slingbox.com/embedded/slingplayer.php
    you need to edit the ie white list
    he whitelist can be found here:

C:\Users\[USER_NAME]\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\IECompatData\iecompatdata.xml Open this file and look for these tags:

<Flash> domian.com < /Flash>

add <Flash>slingbox.com </Flash>

watching sling on my surface rt now

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    i figured out a solution. I used the flash based web player embeded in facebook. you can also use slingplayer.slingbox.com/embedded/slingplayer.php
    you need to edit the ie white list
    he whitelist can be found here:

C:\Users\[USER_NAME]\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\IECompatData\iecompatdata.xml Open this file and look for these tags:

<Flash> domian.com < /Flash>

add <Flash>slingbox.com </Flash>

watching sling on my surface rt now

I was thinking about trying that. The only issue I have with this "workaround" is that you have to disable the automatic updates for the whitelist to prevent the "custom" entries from being overwritten. Eventually, I anticipate that Microsoft will be adding more sites to the whitelist as time goes on and I don't want to miss out on those. I'm actually quite surprised it has taken Sling this long to release a client for Windows RT. They had a Windows Phone 7 client available within a week or so after launch.