Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Global Posts
    763 Global Posts
    Just a FYI that the official release of Office 2013 is now available for Surface RT. After you install the various OS updates, if you go to the desktop control panel, you should see it listed as an option. It will probably update itself on a schedule, but I just upgraded now. It is pretty much a lock step match for the x86/x64 Office 2013 RTM I already run and, yes, it does drop the word preview from the splash screen.

Global Posts
    1,026 Global Posts
    The update was ready a week ago but obviously couldn't be included.
    My next phone...

Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by swyost View Post
    Just a FYI that the official release of Office 2013 is now available for Surface RT. After you install the various OS updates, if you go to the desktop control panel, you should see it listed as an option. It will probably update itself on a schedule, but I just upgraded now. It is pretty much a lock step match for the x86/x64 Office 2013 RTM I already run and, yes, it does drop the word preview from the splash screen.
    I tried to follow your instructions, but the update is not listed when I go to the desktop control pannel, not sure where it would be. Hopefully it will update itself.

Global Posts
    1,411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by webwevers1 View Post
    I tried to follow your instructions, but the update is not listed when I go to the desktop control pannel, not sure where it would be. Hopefully it will update itself.
    Charms Bar > Search > "Install optional updates"

Or Just bring up windows updates from the desktop.