Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Global Posts
    1,010 Global Posts
    I just received an email from Microsoft. This is what it said:

"Thank you for ordering on Microsoft Store Canada. The release date for the preorder product has changed. The product listed below will now be available on November 2, 2012."

So the delivery date went from Oct 26 to November 2?

What was the point of pre ordering? All I know is that I better get spiffed.

Big time.:mad:
    Last edited by crystal_planet; 10-19-2012 at 10:45 PM. Reason: changed title
    My next phone...

Just got the same thing.. Wonder if the release date in Canada changed? Globally changed? Or if preordering online was just a waste of time.

I just received email from Microsoft Store Canada saying the delivery is delayed until November 2.

I did my preorder on the first day. Who else got the same email?

The whole email.

Dear ,

Thank you for ordering on Microsoft Store Canada. The release date for the preorder product has changed. The product listed below will now be available on November 2, 2012.

Order ID:
    Product ID:
    Product Name: Surface wWinRT-32GB Bndl SC EN/XD Canada Hdwr English HDWR

If you have questions about your order, please visit: www.findmyorder.com

Please note: This email message was sent from a notification-only address that cannot accept incoming email. Please do not reply to this message.

Sincerely,
    Microsoft Store Canada Customer Service
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails .png  
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    8,744 Global Posts
    Merged threads Changed title
    Check out the great deals on Windows Phone Accessories: http://store.wpcentral.com

Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    I'm curious to see why it changed in Canada. Maybe they can't meet production numbers and postponed the launch outside of the US. I just ordered mine tonight so I'm waiting 1-2 weeks anyway, but we'll see if this affects anyone in the States.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    8,744 Global Posts
    Does anyone know where they are being built? Like Foxconn?
    Check out the great deals on Windows Phone Accessories: http://store.wpcentral.com

Global Posts
    1,010 Global Posts
    The Surface site has been updated to say delivery in 1-2 weeks now. In both Canada and the U.S.

If the States is delayed as well, the press will be all over it like **** on a blanket, and will be another case of Microsoft screwing the pooch.
    My next phone...

The surface site has said 1-2 weeks for a little bit now since they are "sold out"
    Question is why pre orders got changed and if its just effecting canadians. Anyone outside canada get this email? Anyone in Canada who pre ordered early in the day get the email?

I'm also in Canada, preordered the first day, and received the sad news this evening.

What I find curious is the wording. It says that the product's release date has changed, not that the product's delivery date has changed or that it has been placed on backorder. I'm not sure if there's any significance or if I'm just struggling to rationalize the situation. :P

Global Posts
    1,010 Global Posts
    If the delay is not global, then there's only one explanation:

Some devices ear marked for Canada are being diverted to the U.S. to ease their demand.
    My next phone...

so it seems the delay is true?

Now the question is why the surface is delayed in Canada? Does the stock of pop up store also get delayed?

Or they're shipping it on time, but are trying to provide a more realistic idea of when to expect UPS to bother to deliver the product to us. I've only ever had awful experiences with UPS.

Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    This really sucks. Ordered mine like 10 min after they opened preorders. I'm over 8 hours from a store so preorder was my only option but still sucks. Wish there was an explanation.
    Blackberry Pearl (8130) --> LG Optimus 7 (LG E-900h) --> Samsung Ativ S (SGH-T899M)

Global Posts
    1,010 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by snailium View Post
    so it seems the delay is true?

Now the question is why the surface is delayed in Canada? Does the stock of pop up store also get delayed?
    From what I've read, no.
    My next phone...
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    8,744 Global Posts
    I read an article today that said the new Lumia's were being delayed in the U.S., Germany and France. Take it with a grain of salt. I have no idea how accurate it is. Maybe the delays are all related, meaning the factories are overloaded. Just a guess.

At&t 's Nokia Lumia 920 now available Nov. 9th? ~ Nokia For Us

Global Posts
    1,010 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    Maybe the delays are all related, meaning the factories are overloaded. Just a guess.
    [Paranoia font] or maybe Microsoft is not ready for primetime yet[/Paranoia font]
    My next phone...

Global Posts
    717 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crystal_planet View Post
    If the delay is not global, then there's only one explanation:

Some devices ear marked for Canada are being diverted to the U.S. to ease their demand.
    ....or there has been an import/export hangup that will delay it a few days. So which do people is more likely - something that happens on a pretty regular basis, or some RIM-esque blather about Americans screwing Canadians?

Global Posts
    1,010 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by swyost View Post
    ....or there has been an import/export hangup that will delay it a few days. So which do people is more likely - something that happens on a pretty regular basis, or some RIM-esque blather about Americans screwing Canadians?
    Lighten up Francis. I was kidding.
    My next phone...

Morning!

I've received this @ 4:04 GMT

Thank you for ordering on msuk. The release date for the preorder product has changed. The product listed below will now be available on 02 November 2012.

Order ID: xxxxx
    Product ID: xxxxxx
    Product Name: Surface wWinRT-32GB Bndl SC EngBrit Hdwr Single

Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    Same here in the UK. Thought it was too good to be true that MS would be able to stick to its first date.

Global Posts
    1,411 Global Posts
    My guess, for some reason they couldn't guarantee Canadian shipping didn't break release date. Do products purchased from US companies ever get delivered on launch day? I'm surprised it ever said Canadians would get it delivered by the 26th.

Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    I read an article today that said the new Lumia's were being delayed in the U.S., Germany and France. Take it with a grain of salt. I have no idea how accurate it is. Maybe the delays are all related, meaning the factories are overloaded. Just a guess.

At&t 's Nokia Lumia 920 now available Nov. 9th? ~ Nokia For Us
    Article makes no sense. I thought Nov 4th was always the targeted date, not the 2nd.
    Developer

I also got the same email and I'm in the UK.
    Resident Developer

Same, UK pre order a couple of hours after the go live and had my order delayed. Definitely need some answers here Microsoft...

I received the same thing here in the UK. Only for the accessories I ordered though, the Surface RT itself is still October 26th though. Always a good idea to go check your order history on the Microsoft store.

I'm in NYC and I have not received this notice.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast