Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Global Posts
    2,494 Global Posts
    Well, I didn't get my preorder in quick enough for a launch day 32 GB, so now I am debating should I pre order it at 3 weeks out (1.5 weeks after launch) or take my chances on picking it up at the pop up store that will be opening up near me after work. I wouldn't be able to get to the store until 7ish. What would you do?

Its available again. Go check: Surface with Windows RT - Microsoft Store Online

Global Posts
    352 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jack1129 View Post
    Not sure what you're seeing there - nothing's changed since yesterday afternoon.... The model that was sold out yesterday is still sold out.

OP - You can still get the 32gb model, it's only the version without the keyboard that sold out.

Global Posts
    2,259 Global Posts
    Well, if these popup stores are opening to only have enough stock to sell devices for a few hours, that would be pretty silly. Don't want to "order" a Surface from a cash and carry popup.

Sure, assuming Surface is wildly successful, they might have some situations in the next 8 weeks where stock will be in short supply. But I think you are pretty safe for launch day. After all, this isn't the iPad. Not yet, anyway.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro
    Nokia Lumia 900 - OS: 7.10.8112.7 - Firmware: 2175.1002.8112.12084
    HTC Surround - OS: 7.10.8107.79 - Firmware: 2250.21.40500.502

Global Posts
    2,494 Global Posts
    Ya, I want the keyboardless version because of two reasons:
    1. Not sure how I feel about the TouchCover
    2. If I get a TouchCover, I want the red one. Its worth the extra $30 to me.

Global Posts
    2,494 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jimski View Post
    Well, if these popup stores are opening to only have enough stock to sell devices for a few hours, that would be pretty silly. Don't want to "order" a Surface from a cash and carry popup.

Sure, assuming Surface is wildly successful, they might have some situations in the next 8 weeks where stock will be in short supply. But I think you are pretty safe for launch day. After all, this isn't the iPad. Not yet, anyway.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro
    You make a good point. That would be a little ridiculous if they had less than a days supply when they are pretty much being set up to sell the Surface. Maybe MS figures the $499 version will be the most popular so they didn't allocate too many for pre order to ensure their stores had adequate supplies.