Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By martinmc78
  • 1 Post By Steve Ridges

http://blog.surface.com/b/surface/ar...ER,%20Outgoing

According to the blog they're shipping 64gbs not and will have 128gb by end of week.

Really want 128gb but could live with 64gb. I've been running a dual boot win7/win8 off 64gb ssd for about a year with enough space. But I'm in it and rdp to my 2012 server for most work.

What are the odds a 128gb will be available to pickup at a Microsoft store this weekend. flying to Chicago and really want one this weekend. I want the ms warranty of 2 year. Since my daughter destroys stuff. Can we purchase pro from best buy and staples and buy warranty after from me?
    Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by justinm001 View Post
    Update on Surface Pro Retail Availability (U.S. and Canada)

Can we purchase pro from best buy and staples and buy warranty after from me?
    Yes, you can add the MS Warranty online. I bought mine at BB but choked at their $220 two year price. MS online has it for $149 two years. However, MS warranty states that their is a deductible while BB has no deductible. I'm checking on how much the deductible is before choosing one way or the other. Anyone know what the MS deductible is?

Is it $99 if buying separate online?

Yay. Yippee for the US and Canada. Rest of the world... you can all wait a bit longer... we wont even let you know if and when we are releasing it in your respective countries. Even when you ask us we will just tell you its coming soon. Great marketing MS concentrate on your home ground and let everyone else hang.

Quote Originally Posted by fonzman78 View Post
    Yes, you can add the MS Warranty online. I bought mine at BB but choked at their $220 two year price. MS online has it for $149 two years. However, MS warranty states that their is a deductible while BB has no deductible. I'm checking on how much the deductible is before choosing one way or the other. Anyone know what the MS deductible is?
    MS Deductible is $49.
    Talderon

Device: Black Nokia Lumia 1520 (32GB Edition)
    Network: AT&T (LTE)

They would rather have us and Canada the only countries hunting for the tablet instead of the rest of the world where no one can get it. they obviously have limited supply and cannot sell to everyone yet

Can you show where there is a deductible? I spoke with a Microsoft phone rep Saturday night to see what they could do for me in purchasing a 128gb Surface and they said that the deductible is only for phones, not for computers (while I find that hard to believe as accurate, it is what they said). It's still not a big deal if it is $49 as that's way cheaper than what it would cost to repair and is equal to AppleCare+. I'm not good at reading legal jargon so I couldn't decipher the warranty information.

Nevermind, I see what they did there. They categorize the Surface devices as smartphones for the purpose of the plan. So yeah, $50 deductible. Still better than the price it would be otherwise.

Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    I thought it was $99 (on "sale") not $149?

Quote Originally Posted by Twice Born View Post
    Can you show where there is a deductible? I spoke with a Microsoft phone rep Saturday night to see what they could do for me in purchasing a 128gb Surface and they said that the deductible is only for phones, not for computers (while I find that hard to believe as accurate, it is what they said). It's still not a big deal if it is $49 as that's way cheaper than what it would cost to repair and is equal to AppleCare+. I'm not good at reading legal jargon so I couldn't decipher the warranty information.
    Well, the information WOULD be here: 404 Error

However, huge 404's for all of their sites discussing warranty and other info along those lines. I have reported this to the Surface Team and hope it will be fixed soon.
    Talderon

Device: Black Nokia Lumia 1520 (32GB Edition)
    Network: AT&T (LTE)

Quote Originally Posted by justinm001 View Post
    They would rather have us and Canada the only countries hunting for the tablet instead of the rest of the world where no one can get it. they obviously have limited supply and cannot sell to everyone yet
    I understand why they've done it. Just sucks when you cant get what you want. Will pick my toys up and get back in my playpen now
    Talderon likes this.

Psa: San Francisco Westfield mall kiosk got 128s this morning. I was returning my 64 and they said we just got them in.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisInSD View Post
    I thought it was $99 (on "sale") not $149?
    It's $99 if you buy it with your Surface from MS. It's $149 if you bought elsewhere. I just bought it though ($149). It's worth it to me to have the accidental damage protection on something like this expensive that gets moved around a lot.
    Thanked by:
    Ekon likes this.

Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Ridges View Post
    It's $99 if you buy it with your Surface from MS. It's $149 if you bought elsewhere. I just bought it though ($149). It's worth it to me to have the accidental damage protection on something like this expensive that gets moved around a lot.
    Probably a smart move. CBS did a video review of the original Surface where she basically threw it on the floor. Impressive how sturdy and well made these things are!

Anyone knows why they're not restocking 128GB model at Staples?

Quote Originally Posted by rich4A1 View Post
    Anyone knows why they're not restocking 128GB model at Staples?
    The manager I talked to at Staples told me that the stores were only stocking the 64GB and that the only way to get the 128GB was to order it online.

Just picked a 128gb up in ms store in cincy Ohio. They have more
    I picked up my 128g at Bellevue Square MS Store at around noon! I had called them at 11am, and they told me to call back in one hour, I did and they told me to hurry down! So far I like it a lot.

Global Posts
    541 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Twice Born View Post
    Nevermind, I see what they did there. They categorize the Surface devices as smartphones for the purpose of the plan. So yeah, $50 deductible. Still better than the price it would be otherwise.
    Gotta love MS. They first call this the best tablet, then comes the pro and its not meant to be compared to the ipad, and now it's a phone...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD