Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

I know that for a given profile, there are options for what to do on battery VS plugged in but what I don't see is how to switch the profiles themselves depending on if your on battery on not. I think all the reviews have been using the "Balanced" profile because that shows an estimated battery life of 2-4 hours. When I switch mine to Power Saver, I've gotten estimated run times of up to 9 hours and while I haven't tested to see exactly how long it will last, it certainly seems like it should last 5-6 hours easy.

Global Posts
    2,524 Global Posts
    Dont really need to switch to a separate power plan, just adjust the Power Saver plan's plugged in settings and you should get the same effect. Or you could try something like this which i found from a BING search. Welcome to powerplan7.com!
    Last edited by theefman; 02-11-2013 at 01:43 PM.

in a a single profile... there is battery vs plugged in...

that's 2 different settings for 2 different states...

why would you want to have 2 profiles, for 4 settings, when there are still only 2 states...

Your "plugged in" profile would never use the "battery" setting, and vice versa.

Your request doesn't make any sense I guess.

I thought the profiles contained other settings besides whats available to users. For example, I thought the Power Saver limited the CPU clock and disabled Turbo mode etc. If there is no difference, then I'll just leave it on Balance and tweak the individual settings.

AFAIK, that is not the case, the only settings are the time till sleep/hibernate/shutdown given, and the brightness.

Global Posts
    2,655 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Ridges View Post
    I thought the profiles contained other settings besides whats available to users. For example, I thought the Power Saver limited the CPU clock and disabled Turbo mode etc. If there is no difference, then I'll just leave it on Balance and tweak the individual settings.
    You can limit the processor speed on balanced. Go to advanced, then max processor state. I am experimenting with the %.

10% max is still fast enough for web browsing, but Lightroom gets really slow. I am now at 50% max processor on battery.