- 02-13-2013, 11:00 AM #27
Actually, this looks hard, but there are some apple repairs that are harder IMO.
My biggest question is: How do you get the screen back on after it's been opened ? Heat it again and clamp it while it cools ? The other parts just look like an exercise in caution.
Surely, there is someone out there that thinks a 240gb surface is worth some amount of effort ?
02-13-2013, 11:16 AM #30Talderon
- 644 Posts
Device: Black Nokia Lumia 1520 (32GB Edition)
Network: AT&T (LTE)
Location: Redmond, WA
- 02-20-2013, 10:18 PM #32
Got it apart. mSATA and screwed down. Bad news though I did not heat the glue sealing the case well enough so when I took it apart I ripped the touch sensor cable. Heat that glue good but after that it is simple. Plugging in a 240GB MyDigitalSSD mSATA at $179.99 is 100% possible. Pics and more to come.
- 02-20-2013, 10:27 PM #33Phone History (hopefully in order): Samsung SGH-D407 > AT&T (HTC) Tilt > Sony Ericsson W580 > Blackberry Curve 8900 > Sony Ericsson C901 > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Blackberry 9700 > iPhone 3GS > Motorola Defy > Blackberry 9650 > iPhone 4 > Nokia E71 > Dell Venue Pro > HTC Titan > HTC Titan II > Lumia 900 + Samsung Galaxy Exhibit > Nokia Lumia 920 + Nokia Lumia 521 + Motorola RAZR V3xx
Last updated: 05/13/2013
- 02-21-2013, 12:51 PM #35
- 02-26-2013, 03:55 PM #36
Got it back together seems to be working fine.
How would y'all like this much space?
2013-02-26_1652 - BnBBorkerBuyer's library
240GB MyDigitalSSD successfully installed.
This bundle will give you a USB 3.0 case so you can clone your OS and later house the stock Crucial Drive.
If you are going to do this heat the glue heat the glue and heat it some more.
- By Lundon44 in forum Microsoft Surface for Windows 8 ProReplies: 51Last Post: 10-13-2013, 04:17 PM
- By BluLuke in forum Microsoft Surface for Windows 8 ProReplies: 4Last Post: 11-23-2012, 06:41 AM
- By mafu6 in forum Microsoft Surface for Windows 8 ProReplies: 23Last Post: 11-08-2012, 10:06 AM
- By Lundon44 in forum General Tablet DiscussionReplies: 9Last Post: 10-17-2012, 06:01 PM
- By kylej1050 in forum General Tablet DiscussionReplies: 23Last Post: 08-07-2012, 08:15 PM