- 02-10-2013, 04:35 AM #1
Waited in line and was lucky enough to purchase from BB the day of. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! The problem is that it doesn't even turn on. After charging it for a while, I observed that after holding the power button, it would respond only in this manner:
- The orange light would flash as you see in the image.
- There was haptic feedback when pressing the windows logo
Other observations/troubleshooting attempts:
- No screen response, or sound
- Screen does not flash
- Connecting via USB to my desktop does not yield any response either
- Pressing and holding the power button and releasing over various iterations and time
- Charging for over 7 hours at this point with no changes
Finally, here's a photo.
02-10-2013, 06:58 AM #2
- 84 Posts
I would have taken it straight back as faulty as in the time you have been waiting it may be sold out now.
If it won't turn on then there is nothing you can do. Be thankful that you can go return it in store easily and you didn't buy it
From another country and have to send it back... Something which concerns me now if buying from eBay in the US.
- 02-10-2013, 10:19 AM #4
02-10-2013, 02:05 PM #7
- 85 Posts
I agree with Oliver: take it back. I bought my RT at a Microsoft store and an associate took more than an hour setting up and testing my device, and chatting it up with me about my music collection which he downloaded from my SkyDrive -and he was even having an assistant bring me coffee. Veryy enjoyable and instructive session. Of course, I did not get my RT on Day One! Good luck with your choices and enjoy your new or fixed Pro.X-Box Music Pass Rocks
Surface: there is no substitute
We are all just prisoners here, of our own device(s)
- 02-10-2013, 06:04 PM #9
02-16-2013, 09:23 AM #11
- 37 Posts
02-20-2013, 01:03 AM #15
- 1 Posts
Same problem here, Video card failure. Microsoft service was freaking outstanding. Signed up on support @ Microsoft .Com, Chose option to have tech call me. Pressed Submit and the phone rang. Scary. Picked up phone and Bill Gates was on the line. Ok, Not really. but it was a computer that put me on hold. 2 Minutes later a Tech answered. Ran down a checklist.Couldn't get the device started. He Called the Tablet dead and offered to send me a replacement...NOTE: Not send my Surface in first, but send me out a replacement and return my old unit in the replacment's shipping box. Now, I declined this offer because I owned a 64, and If I had to return it, I wanted to upgrade to a 128. Unfortunately he could not do that, so I had to return back to Best Buy. Give the support site a try, It was by far the best Tech support I have ever received. (Although that isn't a significant hurdle to clear.)
- By Preluva in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 45Last Post: 09-12-2012, 09:59 PM
- By peestandingup in forum HTC TITANReplies: 17Last Post: 12-13-2011, 06:13 PM
- By monotok in forum Software Development and HackingReplies: 0Last Post: 10-23-2011, 12:59 PM
- By lduddridge in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 3Last Post: 10-11-2011, 05:59 AM