Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 63
Like Tree33Likes
  1. pdch's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    224 Posts
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
       #1  
    Maybe I am a bit excited right now, but I LOVE this thing. I just activated Office 2013 and marked up changes to a PowerPoint presentation with the pen and shot it back. Saved all the time I would normally spend explaining the changes. ��
  2. interopbyt's Avatar
    Developer

    Posts
    814 Posts
    Global Posts
    817 Global Posts
    #2  
    I wish I could get a Surface Pro to replace my laptop, but it's double the price :(
  3. WPmunkey's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    295 Posts
    #3  
    Man I really want to snag one! Heck, I'd even settle for an RT. The iPad just isn't doing it for me any longer.
    David Tomilson likes this.
  4. StarLog's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    73 Posts
    #4  
    Sell your laptop or ipad, and go to Bestbuy open a Bestbuy charge account. Thats what I did.
  5. shn'g's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    175 Posts
    Global Posts
    480 Global Posts
    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by WPmunkey View Post
    Man I really want to snag one! Heck, I'd even settle for an RT. The iPad just isn't doing it for me any longer.
    if you like RT and it does everything you need, grab it! Its a great device and the updates are slowly improving any annoyances.

    As for the pro it sounds like people who have it so far are enjoying it so that's awesome.
    Great deal likes this.
  6. thatguyhugs's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    20 Posts
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    #6  
    The Pro is everything I thought it was going to be and much more. I've wirelessly streamed videos from the Surface to my TV, used the pen to easily mark up some documents and had some fun playing games too. Fantastic device!
  7. pdch's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    224 Posts
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
       #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by thatguyhugs View Post
    The Pro is everything I thought it was going to be and much more. I've wirelessly streamed videos from the Surface to my TV, used the pen to easily mark up some documents and had some fun playing games too. Fantastic device!
    How did you do the wireless streaming? Fyi, I'm writing this response with the pen!
  8. aln12483's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    7 Posts
    #8  
    Most likely this person has an xbox, that's how I wirelessly stream my vids to my TV....
  9. #9  
    I imagine he just means he used the 'playto xbox' feature as widi is unfortunately unsupported on the surface rt & pro ;(

    I'd love someone to tell me I'm wrong though!
  10. camdenlake's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    8 Posts
    #10  
    I agree. Love the pro after just a few hours. Had to settle for the 64gb but once i cleared some space and i think it will be just fine. Hope some more accessories start to show up soon. I nice rugged case would be good.

    Josh
  11. shn'g's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    175 Posts
    Global Posts
    480 Global Posts
    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by camdenlake View Post
    I agree. Love the pro after just a few hours. Had to settle for the 64gb but once i cleared some space and i think it will be just fine. Hope some more accessories start to show up soon. I nice rugged case would be good.

    Josh
    don't count on it for awhile.. although I think pro is going to be way more popular than RT but its been 3 months and still hardly any name brand cases. I had to resort to ebay
  12. thatguyhugs's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    20 Posts
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    #12  
    You can do the play to Xbox but what I did was link it up to my smart TV which is on the same network. When the video app is playing (a trailer or movie), open the Charms bar and select device...my TV is listed and once I select it, the video disappears from the Surface Pro and appears on the TV. Same thing can be performed by my HTC Titan through the Connected Media app.
  13. RTGent's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    140 Posts
    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by thatguyhugs View Post
    You can do the play to Xbox but what I did was link it up to my smart TV which is on the same network. When the video app is playing (a trailer or movie), open the Charms bar and select device...my TV is listed and once I select it, the video disappears from the Surface Pro and appears on the TV. Same thing can be performed by my HTC Titan through the Connected Media app.
    Hi and thanks, TGH. I had the RT and was able to toggle -somewhere through a Charms bar setting- between extended mode which projected the image to my TV only, and duplicate mode which showed on both the RT and the TV. Can you confirm that both modes are available on the Pro? Disclaimer: I only did this with an HDMI cable and not through a network connection that you are reporting. Thanks again.
    X-Box Music Pass Rocks
    Surface: there is no substitute
    We are all just prisoners here, of our own device(s)
  14. dbgman's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    60 Posts
    #14  
    I got the surface pro this morning. It is awesome! I got the Rock fish HDMI convertor because they were out of the ms convertor.
  15. smoledman's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    950 Posts
    Global Posts
    976 Global Posts
    #15  
    Is there any point to Windows RT?
  16. ninjaap's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    2,454 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,466 Global Posts
    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by smoledman View Post
    Is there any point to Windows RT?
    Sure there is. Its about $500 cheaper, comes with a $120 MS Office installed for free and gets all the Modern apps the Pro gets. If you need more than that, then the Pro is what you need.
    Thanked by:
    Vallos 
    Bee Mon and wpguy like this.
  17. crystal_planet's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    963 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,010 Global Posts
    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by smoledman View Post
    Is there any point to Windows RT?
    Well, if you don't need x86 power and prefer battery life, then yes there is a pretty sizable point.
    My next phone...
    Thanked by:
    Vallos 
    wpguy and Klaric like this.
  18. gpstrucker's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    75 Posts
    #18  
    I love my RT so eventually I'll probably pick up a Pro. Hoping the second gen will have a longer battery life.
  19. aalex's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    23 Posts
    #19  
    I feel the same way. It's been only a day and I love this thing. was very lucky to get the 128 just by showing up at the San Francisco Microsoft store on Saturday, though I did have to wait for an hour in line. Still, was worth it.
    Klaric likes this.
  20. anthonyng's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    217 Posts
    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by pdch View Post
    Maybe I am a bit excited right now, but I LOVE this thing. I just activated Office 2013 and marked up changes to a PowerPoint presentation with the pen and shot it back. Saved all the time I would normally spend explaining the changes. ��
    Lol I did that on my toshiba m200 years back and got flack for it cause it was annoying for that person to clean up my annotations :) I mostly stick to personal annotations / note taking for hand writing now. Marking up screen caps are useful too.
  21. Talderon's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    512 Posts
    #21  
    I just installed Guild Wars 2 on mine. This is a VERY viable gaming rig!!

    Only issue I found was that when you have a menu up (press esc) and use the mouse to click on it, it does not register the mouse click. Also, you have to use keyboard controls to select another character other then your last played (if you want too) and hit enter to play, clicking the Play button does not register the mouse. Seems more like a calibration issue with the game and the mouse (this is using hardware mouse FYI).
    Talderon


    Device: Black Nokia Lumia 1520 (32GB Edition)
    Network: AT&T (LTE)
    Location: Redmond, WA
  22. pdch's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    224 Posts
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
       #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by Talderon View Post
    I just installed Guild Wars 2 on mine. This is a VERY viable gaming rig!!

    Only issue I found was that when you have a menu up (press esc) and use the mouse to click on it, it does not register the mouse click. Also, you have to use keyboard controls to select another character other then your last played (if you want too) and hit enter to play, clicking the Play button does not register the mouse. Seems more like a calibration issue with the game and the mouse (this is using hardware mouse FYI).
    Try setting your scaling from 150% (default) to 100%. Some programs are known to have this issue in Win8, and MS is working on a fix.
    Thanked by:
  23. garyjk's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    37 Posts
    #23  
    the haswell generation tablets will have better battery life. but, you probably won't see it for probably 7 or 8 months. then, it 8 months after that, something else will be better.at some point you have to make a decision or you'll be waiting forever. and who knows what any of the reviewers do when they state the battery life. they may not do what you or i do and you could actually see better battery life than they report. i could care less what they report. i personally don't know anyone that uses a tablet for 8 hours non-stop, either. in an 8 hour work day, how many hours is somebody really not near an outlet for the entire 8 hours?
    Thanked by:
    willied, wpguy, Ekon and 1 others like this.
  24. Testement#WN's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    9 Posts
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    #24  
    Pro not out in the UK yet but still loving my Surface RT.
    Bee Mon and mafu6 like this.
  25. Mr.Willie's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    11 Posts
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by garyjk View Post
    the haswell generation tablets will have better battery life. but, you probably won't see it for probably 7 or 8 months. then, it 8 months after that, something else will be better.at some point you have to make a decision or you'll be waiting forever. and who knows what any of the reviewers do when they state the battery life. they may not do what you or i do and you could actually see better battery life than they report. i could care less what they report. i personally don't know anyone that uses a tablet for 8 hours non-stop, either. in an 8 hour work day, how many hours is somebody really not near an outlet for the entire 8 hours?
    International flights.
    cj-m and GSOgymrat like this.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Surface Pro: Is 19/83GB free space enough?
    By wpguy in forum Microsoft Surface for Windows 8 Pro
    Replies: 67
    Last Post: 02-06-2013, 04:19 PM
  2. is the ATIV S EVER going to come stateside?
    By LowDownDirtySkynyrdFan in forum Samsung ATIV S
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-03-2013, 08:37 AM
  3. What is the Nokia device on Verizon?
    By Heron_Kusanagi in forum Windows Phone 8
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-05-2012, 10:38 AM
  4. Groups is the best thing.... ever
    By KallDrexx in forum Windows Phone 7
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-28-2011, 08:02 AM

Posting Permissions

B