Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree33Likes

Quote Originally Posted by anilraj View Post
    Yeah, it really funny.
    Before the tablets where there, in flight:
    --- You would read book, sleep, rest, and land fresh and ready for business / recreation.

After the tablets, during flight:
    --- You keep yourself awake with that LCD light on your eyes, watch movies / cartoons, play games and land really tired to crash at the hotel room.
    Exactly.. You would think now that tablets have been invented now books, magazines, **** even good ol conversation on flights were all banned and laptops and tablets were required to be used from flight beginning to end. The battery life of the Pro is good to me. I'm not staring at a tablet for 5 hours straight.. I doubt anyone else is either. Talk about Unhealthy.
    wharfratg likes this.

The only time I would need an electronic device for more than four hours without plugging it in is when I use a Garmin Edge for a long bicycle ride.
    wpguy likes this.

I also like to buy surface pro + Type Cover but only thing hold me back is screen size. Because i used to do the coding( Visual studio 2010, Sql Server, Eclipse), documentation and watching movies. I dont worry about battery life and 4 - 5 five hours is fine for me. is pro fit for above purposes? Please guys do share your opinion. i am really confused now..

I will be developing on VS2012. Your eyes take some time to get used to the smaller screen. Documentation can be handwritten or typed, and watch movies at your own discretion
    Thanked by:
    Developer

Quote Originally Posted by vivekforbes View Post
    I also like to buy surface pro + Type Cover but only thing hold me back is screen size. Because i used to do the coding( Visual studio 2010, Sql Server, Eclipse), documentation and watching movies. I dont worry about battery life and 4 - 5 five hours is fine for me. is pro fit for above purposes? Please guys do share your opinion. i am really confused now..
    Quote Originally Posted by Po_MD View Post
    I will be developing on VS2012. Your eyes take some time to get used to the smaller screen. Documentation can be handwritten or typed, and watch movies at your own discretion
    The screen size is not too bad, but one thin you have to take into account. You get a full 1920x1080 resolution, but scaling is set to 150% by default. If you set it to 100%, then you get the true real estate for the resolution. The drawback is that the type is pretty small.
    Talderon
    [HR][/HR]
    Device: Black Nokia Lumia 1520 (32GB Edition)
    Network: AT&T (LTE)

Quote Originally Posted by Talderon View Post
    The screen size is not too bad, but one thin you have to take into account. You get a full 1920x1080 resolution, but scaling is set to 150% by default. If you set it to 100%, then you get the true real estate for the resolution. The drawback is that the type is pretty small.
    I dont understand the last line(Type is pretty small). You mean type cover is small?

The type as in the print of the letters. It's a smaller size
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Po_MD View Post
    The type as in the print of the letters. It's a smaller size
    Thanks. What about the heat? Is device getting hotter with heavy use? if it is than heat is tolerable?

Thanks in advance...

Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Thanks. What about the heat? Is device getting hotter with heavy use? if it is than heat is tolerable?

Thanks in advance...
    It can get warm, but I've have not had it get hot, nor uncomfortable to hold.

Global Posts
    321 Global Posts

Thanks in advance...
    I have run mine under quite a bit of load for several hours (yes, it will do it) and it gets warm at best. It never gets uncomfortable to hold or place in your lap.

Amazing thing, my battery life seems to be getting better with each day. It actually reported I had 9+ hours of use left this morning (10:30am), it is 3:30pm now and I still have 78% remaining. Granted, I am not using it the entire time, just using it the same way I would my normal laptop.

Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Talderon View Post
    Actually scaling is set to 125% by default, not 150%.

Quote Originally Posted by cmscritic View Post
    Actually scaling is set to 125% by default, not 150%.
    My was set to 150% by default. I've since changed it to 125%.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123