Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree15Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Polychrome View Post
    This is what feels different about this Surface business. The store workers all looked like they'd been caught with their pants down. There was this look of "Gah! They keep coming!" in their eyes. LOL
    This pretty much sums up my Best Buy experience. I got there around 10:45am (store opened at 10am), and while there was a nice display set up the shelves were empty.

A salesperson came up to me, quite bewildered that I was interested in the device. They only received 3-4 units (don't know whether 64/128GB), and there were more than that number of people fighting over them right when the store opened.

I probably spent about 30 minutes playing with the display model. I felt like an animal at a zoo, being watched by the Geek Squad'ers, "OMG TEH APPLEE STUFF IS OVER THERE!"

With that said, who knows if it was Best Buy or MS's fault. Just hoping I can actually buy one soon.

I will say this:

WTF?

I mean, congrats on selling out. That's a good sign, and mea culpa on me for not jumping on it sooner. I'll take responsibility for that.

But, jeesh, can't you just put a "ship it to me as soon as you get one" option in the microsoft store site? Completely disabling the option in the store just lessens the probability that I'll get one.

I mean, I want one, and I've wanted one since it was announced, but if I have to check the store every day, and if I miss the two hour window of availability again, I may just give up eventually.
    Elfman12 likes this.

Global Posts
    1,411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SevenDead1ySinz View Post
    I am quite sure that BB was at least half culprit in this debacle. MS stores had sufficient stock, and BB/FS are notorious for having low stock of items they don't feel are going to move. The ones here only carry 1 or 2 Lumia 920's at any given time, and no accessories for them at all. Having worked at Future Shop in the past I know that they are very Apple centric, and lately a bit Android. The FS here has an Apple specific employee for all the Apple products.. quite sickening actually.
    From what I have heard, even Best Buy upper management had no indication of how many they would be receiving at each store.

Global Posts
    385 Global Posts
    I just checked Best Buy again and got excited...bestbuy.jpg

When you try to order, it says out of stock...what in the world? And yes, this is when I selected the 128GB model.

Global Posts
    1,411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by garak0410 View Post
    I just checked Best Buy again and got excited...Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bestBuy.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	76.9 KB 
ID:	28541

When you try to order, it says out of stock...what in the world? And yes, this is when I selected the 128GB model.
    That means you need to call your local store ASAP.

Global Posts
    385 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VagrantWade View Post
    That means you need to call your local store ASAP.
    I did...they do not have them but are taking "reservations" for $50.00...

Global Posts
    1,411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by garak0410 View Post
    I did...they do not have them but are taking "reservations" for $50.00...
    Dear lord best buy is awful.

The Best buys in my area also showed available. So I went to my local best buy and asked the lady if they had my reserved 128 in and she checked and told me no. She also checked the availability status online and it showed unavailable. Weird.

I just called the MS store in hopes they could place an order for me, but they couldn't. They did add me to a notification list so they will call/email me when the 128GB model is available.

Global Posts
    356 Global Posts
    Best Buy is going bust! 1/3 of stores should be shut down this year if not a little more.

Global Posts
    792 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RoboMonkey View Post
    Best Buy is going bust! 1/3 of stores should be shut down this year if not a little more.
    because today best buy is nothing more than amazon's showroom

people go look/touch the product at best buy, then order it on amazon because its cheaper and there is no tax
    Ekon likes this.

Global Posts
    1,411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mkhalil06 View Post
    because today best buy is nothing more than amazon's showroom

people go look/touch the product at best buy, then order it on amazon because its cheaper and there is no tax
    My local Best Buy is pretty booming every day of the week. For whatever reason.

Quote Originally Posted by VagrantWade View Post
    My local Best Buy is pretty booming every day of the week. For whatever reason.
    tennagers.
    unstoppablekem likes this.

Global Posts
    1,411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Po_MD View Post
    tennagers.
    Mostly older people with families actually.

Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Our friend Panos Panay has tweeted that 128GBs are being shipped to arrive at Microsoft and Best Buy stores by the weekend... :)
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    I went to my local Best Buy (Salt Lake City) today and they had 5 128GB Pro's. They were all claimed already but just wanted to let everyone know. You might want to check your local store and see if they have any in stock. It looks like some BB's already got a fresh shipment.

Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fonzman78 View Post
    I went to my local Best Buy (Salt Lake City) today and they had 5 128GB Pro's. They were all claimed already but just wanted to let everyone know. You might want to check your local store and see if they have any in stock. It looks like some BB's already got a fresh shipment.
    I checked online--BBs lists "unavailable" across the approx 20 Best Buys that show up when I type in my zip code. Phone calling is probably the best way to get local info--will there be ANOTHER line at the MS stores this weekend? That would be pretty funny...

Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    Has anyone heard when more units will be shipping. The local MS store had no idea when they would be getting more units in stock. The way they were talking about it seemed to be weeks out.

I would be surprised if it was that far out there but MS has been quiet about restocking.

Global Posts
    1,411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisInSD View Post
    Our friend Panos Panay has tweeted that 128GBs are being shipped to arrive at Microsoft and Best Buy stores by the weekend... :)
    Which is still absolute bull**** that I have to wait until a week AFTER release to get my preordered device. I have never had that happen with anything before. And I preorder a ton of things.

My local futureshop told me first-come-first-serve but then turned around and presold them. They then of course didn't get any units and then pulled the next local futureshop's units. (the one I waited at)
    So I was first in line to a store that sold all their "first-come-first-serve" units before they even opened. I complained and was then promised the first 128GB unit they receive.

I did manage to find a unit (the only unit) at a Canada only retail store (London Drugs) on my way back, so all is well.

Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh Mackey View Post
    I did manage to find a unit (the only unit) at a Canada only retail store (London Drugs) on my way back, so all is well.
    I hope this is more than a standard drug store... The Surface Pro selling at Rite Aid/CVS/Walgreens is not exactly good news for a device that positions itself as upmarket...

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisInSD View Post
    I hope this is more than a standard drug store... The Surface Pro selling at Rite Aid/CVS/Walgreens is not exactly good news for a device that positions itself as upmarket...
    Its called "London Drugs" but they have large AVS (TVs, speakers, etc), electronics (Cameras, cell phones, etc) and computers sections. They're probably similar to a scaled down Walmart but they carry just as high end stuff as Best Buy or Futureshop does.
    Thanked by:
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123