09-24-2013, 01:27 PM #4
- 75 Posts
I think they specifically called out that the Power Cover was not backlit because the purpose was to extend battery life and they didn't want to compromise that goal, but that could have been a blogger's comment I read.
- 09-27-2013, 03:40 PM #5
Which just doesn't make any sense to me. You'd think if they were concerned with battery life then the normal Type cover 2 would not be backlit, and the powered version would be since it has all the extra juice available. Heck give us an option to turn it off if battery life is truly a concern.
My hope is that they change their minds and get the back light feature in there. Going from a backlit Type Cover 2 to a non backlit Power Type Cover I'm sure a lot of folks will be complaining about the missing feature once they've had it already for a few months (I for one would be).
09-28-2013, 02:30 PM #6
- 359 Posts
The color and backlight limitations combined with the astronomical price of $200 makes the power cover rather useless. Microsoft needs to come to their senses and price the touch/type/power covers a lot more reasonably.
- By darthhen in forum Microsoft Surface Pro 2Replies: 10Last Post: 09-29-2013, 11:54 PM
- By Liam Perry in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 5Last Post: 09-26-2013, 09:26 AM
- By ericadams01 in forum Microsoft Surface 2Replies: 4Last Post: 09-25-2013, 04:57 PM
- By inteller in forum Windows 8Replies: 1Last Post: 09-24-2013, 02:31 PM
- By Rap Attack in forum Nokia Lumia 520Replies: 2Last Post: 09-24-2013, 11:58 AM