- 09-24-2013, 10:43 AM #2
Asking opinions on the benefits of getting Pro 2 with 4Gb of RAM versus 8Gb of RAM. I can't think of any instance on my former machine where I used more than 4 Gb of RAM even under heavy application and/or game use. Worth it or no?
- 09-24-2013, 01:07 PM #6
Yeah, I just question if it's overkill. I'm currently running the following apps below and only using 3.11 GB of RAM. I think one would have to be very heavily intensive to utilize close to 8Gb of RAM. And even then some machine performance severely degrades when it gets close to using ~80% of onboard RAM. *shrug* And for all the supposed faults of Windows, I think the OS does a good job in allocating and balancing memory.
Photoshop Lightroom 4
IE with 4 tabs
Chrome with 2 tabs
Tivoli Endpoint Manager
Acrobat 9 Pro
- By crash1989 in forum Microsoft Surface Pro 2Replies: 41Last Post: 11-05-2013, 09:20 AM
- By Psyk00 in forum Microsoft Surface Pro 2Replies: 36Last Post: 09-27-2013, 02:18 AM
- By ShaunKL in forum Microsoft Surface Pro 2Replies: 8Last Post: 09-26-2013, 02:13 PM
- By Skelnik in forum Microsoft Surface Pro 2Replies: 3Last Post: 09-23-2013, 10:01 PM
- By Daniel Gandolfo in forum Windows RTReplies: 1Last Post: 09-23-2013, 12:05 PM